Acciona Infrastructure Australia is currently looking for an Assistant Accountant for our Brisbane office to deliver quality accounting, reporting and financial support to key internal and external stakeholders in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
Financial and Management Reporting
- Assist in conducting the analysis of financial accounts to make adjustments as appropriate and ensure reliability and correct registration of financial information in accordance with accounting principles and generally accepted standards and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated monthly accounts for all group and associated entities in accordance with AA group accounting policies.
- Provide assistance to the Finance Controller in the year-end audit process.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly group and associate management reports including KPI and cost variance analysis.
- Maintain operational and associated company cost tracking, coding and recording in the general ledger and related systems/processes.
- Assist with the preparation of the yearly FBT returns for the company.
- Prepare and maintain group and associated company general ledgers, including journal processing.
- Maintain all financial systems and reconciliations.
Fixed Assets Register Maintenance
- Maintain integrity of group Fixed Assets Registers including recording additions, disposals and depreciation on a monthly basis and reconciliation with the GL.
- Liaison with Finance Controller with respect to overall AIA fixed asset recognition and depreciation policies.
- Maintain and assess leases, ensuring they are included on the fixed assets register where required by accounting standards.
General Finance Support
- Gather information for Australian Business Statistics forms and deal with queries.
- Provide assistance to the FC with preparation of group and associated company budgets and business plans.
- Assist with other duties as may be required from time to time in the Finance and Administration Division.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure reporting to key internal and external stakeholders is produced in a timely, accurate and meaningful manner.
- Maintenance of group general ledger and fixed asset registers to a high standard to enable accurate and efficient reporting.
- Provision of general financial support to key stakeholders as required in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience after degree.
- Possesses, or is working towards completion of, a postgraduate Accounting qualification.
- Advanced SAP skills.
- Advanced Excel skills are essential.
- Good communications skills and team work approach.
- Capable of working under tight deadlines.
Only people with the right to work in this country will be considered for this position
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.