ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a BIM Manager for a project in North Vancouver, BC.
Lead the project’s BIM management system from the Contractor’s point of view. Manage the design agreements that the company has with the design firms, and monitor project’s BIM performance based on the design management plans, cost, risk, scope and quality.
In charge of the scope baseline comparison and risk management regarding the scope, the methodology required to obtain all quantities from the BIM model and then comparing the scope with the bid scope baseline.
Responsibilities and functions
• Integration and work flows between
o P6 Primavera
o ReCap to Navisworks to Civil3D and Revit
o Linking P6, Navisworks and Revit to produce incorporated 4D simulation deliverable
• Registration of Terrestrial Laser Scan Data in ReCap. Model Updating from As-Built Laser Scan Data
• Extruding Solids and Surfaces from ReCap Point Clouds to complete As-Built Documentation
• Clash Detection of MEP and Process with Navisworks/Revit. Clash detection reports.
• Linking Files in BIM 360 Glue, with changing permission levels
• Export of Design Model in .DXF and .CSV
• Quantity Take-off extraction from Revit Models and comparison for the tender assumptions using Excel. Active tracking of model changes, revisions and quantities.
• Creating Walk Though and Demonstrations for presentations via Sketch-up, and Revit
• Maintaining Links between multiple models from third party suppliers into a master Revit Model
• Reporting deficiencies in as-built data to the QHSE group and actively tracking deficiencies and re-work for back charges, time delays and re-work.
• Updating of BIM deliverables for design in the P6 Schedule with project scheduler.
• Review and action on RFI’s from 3rd party design consultants.
• Establish coordination meetings with designers to ensure the BIM management as a contactor. Decision making.
• Understanding, developing and implementation of Public government BIM and CAD Standards
• Development of working templates for Revit, Navisworks and Civil3D
o Layer types and names
o Plan Profile Plot Styles
o Line weight Settings
o Naming Convention
o Batch Sheet Manager
• Evaluate the BIM related software and technologies used by engineering firms in order to develop the design.
• Evaluate the quality for the BIM model in order to obtain the quantities for all of the disciplines.
• Train the CAD operator to use the BIM software in order to obtain details for the construction/procurement phase.
• Stay informed on best practices for using the Revit Architecture and BIM.
• Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit.
• Responsible for the BIM standards.
• Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions.
• Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
• Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of all shop drawings produced.
• Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
• Chair the company's BIM committee and to manage the communications for the design BIM managers.
• Report on the company's current and projected state in regards to the BIM implementation.
• Create Upgrade and Deployment strategies for the BIM implementation effort.
• Evaluate the firm’s current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc.
• Plan: follow up the plan for implementation - who are the team members, what is the project, what are the goals, etc.
• Solve: ensure that the designers are executing the plan.
• Provide hardware and network support as it relates to the BIM production.
• Support the offices BIM technology needs.
• Troubleshoot problems.
• Liaison with the national vendors.
• Liaison with the corporate technology support staff.
• Liaison with the software developer support staff and other support channels.
• Support project standards coordination with customers.
• Assist on project work - modeling and detailing.
• Assist project teams in BIM project setup.
• Support the engineering firms to create Revit families in response to project’s need.
• Help resolve any BIM design issues.
• Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team.
• Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with IT Communicate with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models.
• Link BIM to the project Construction Administration Phase for submittals, construction models, shop drawings and schedules.
• Lead the document management platform for the data to be linked to the BIM objects.
Act as liaison for the BIM process
• Future planning for potential uses of BIM. Have a strong BIM management plan which describes all design integration activities.
• Sustainable Design
• 3D Renderings
• Facilities Management
• Cost Estimating
• Specification Management
• Integrated Project Delivery
• Digital Prototyping and Digital Fabrication
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
• Excellent people and leadership skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions.
• Comfortable in working in a disciplined and pressurized environment.
• Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
• Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
• Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
• Able to communicate with multi- disciplinary team of both in-house and 3rd party groups. Communicate with engineer Experience/Qualifications
• 5+ year's production experience in design, drafting or engineering.
• Must have an in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions with emphasis on project sheet setup.
• Must have basic PC experience in Windows and MAC environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
• BIM management. Revit experience is needed and piping software experience to be used with Revit.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.