ACCIONA Energy USA Global LLC (AEUG) is seeking an External Communications Manager to work out of our corporate offices located in downtown, Chicago.
ACCIONA is one of Spain's leading corporations, a front-runner in promoting and managing infrastructures, renewable energies, water and services. The Company goes back a hundred years and is made up of 30,000 professionals, and it is to be found in thirty countries on five continents.
The External Communications Manager (ECM) is charged with identifying, analyzing and managing the division’s (Acciona Energy, renewable energy and Acciona Infrastructure divisions) needs in relation to external communications, public and governmental affairs, social media, etc. This includes developing strategic, innovative brand, advertising and marketing communications plans and materials as well as managing media relations, press release notes, documentation and presentations. The ECM will collaborate with and support the Corporation Communications team on new global and regional programs. The ECM will support the country division directors with new renewable energy and construction projects.
- Identify and manage the communication needs each of the businesses (Acciona Energy division, renewable energy and Acciona Infrastructure division) present, and the country/regional activity.
- Manage the media channel by identifying areas of opportunity and optimizing the assigned costs and resources. Assist in development of stakeholder engagement communications materials.
- Manage relationships with public and government advisors, internal and external stakeholders, corporate groups, media, etc.
- Collaborate with internal, external stakeholders while supporting the corporate and global initiatives.
- Contribute to and support the strategic plan for new business opportunities.
- Public Relations & Brand Management functions; includes representing company in industry events & tradeshows.
- Manage departmental budget and resources.
- Follow up on KPI’s (activity indicators / communication plan execution indicators)
- Event planning (Divisions: Renewable Energy/Infrastructure)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, communications or marketing
- Communications Experience: 4 years
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.