ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Survey Assistant for a Waste Water Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC to support and assist the Field Survey Lead with daily survey tasks .
• Carrying and setting up of Survey Equipment.
• Set-up of Tripods and Targets for Survey.
• Stake Locations with Leica GNSS Network Rover.
• Daily Photo Journals and Job Notes.
• Placing and Flagging Survey Lath under direction of Survey Lead, and self perform when required.
• Cleaning of Survey Equipment.
• Keep Site Survey office in a clean organized manor.
• Actively participate and adopt a safety and environmental culture.
• Communication with Site Construction Managers and Leads.
• Assist with daily download and submitting of survey data.
• Develop basic Geomatics Survey Skills for self performing of general field surveys.
• Maintain Survey Marking Disposable products.
• Prepare Lath and Flagging for the Survey Lead.
• Self Perform As-Built Surveys and Topographic/Volume Surveys with Leica GNSS Rove.
OHS & Environment
• Adopt a culture of ‘no injury or harm to people’.
• Adopt the highest possible standards of accident prevention measures are maintained at all times by ensuring work health & safety procedures are implemented.
• Understand their obligations under WHS Legislation.
• Consulting and communicating with all personnel on WHS matters, procedures, instructions, etc.
• Adopt, safe work procedures and safe plant, equipment and materials for their employees.
General Work Conditions
• 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
• Occasional Weekend and extended hours required
• There is no personal Vehicle Parking available at site, candidate will be expected to utilize public transit or alternative methods such as walking and cycling to report for work each day.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge general survey practices and instruments such as GNSS Rovers.
• Good working knowledge of Survey Data Collection.
• Knowledge of survey and drafting software an asset.
• Experience in engineering works.
• Previous Survey Experience an asset.
• Physically able and willing to work in all climatic conditions.
• Carrying in excess of 15kg, and walking for the entire 8-hour shift.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.