ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Technician – Civil and Structural for a Waste Water Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
The Quality Assurance Technician – Civil and Structural aims to ensure that the product or service provided fits the purpose and meets requirements and customer expectations, as well as performance meets or exceeds the requirements of the project specification and applicable standards.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Perform observations and inspections mainly related to Civil and Structural.
• Provide technical subject matter expertise in an aspect of the LEED Gold Certification requirements and rating systems.
• Implement, coordinate and maintain quality systems and procedures in accordance with assigned project specifications.
• Ensure Quality Records are accurately completed with QMP and ITP a focus on the required quality processes and the specification requirements for the related discipline activity.
• Initiate non-conformance processes when materials, products, tools, equipment or work instructions do not meet the required specifications.
• Review contract documents and participate in the development of the quality management plan and Inspection Test plan (ITP) and advises the Quality Manager of any necessary changes or revisions to the quality plan and ITP.
• Study project specifications to determine appropriate construction methods and procedures.
• Perform needed tests on site and in the laboratory (third party) to ensure conformity of material and works according to the contract specifications.
• Ensure that contractors comply with works’ specifications and ensured that the company’s Quality System is applied and effective.
• Measure and test materials, equipment, products and processes as delivered.
• Promote quality achievement and performance throughout the project organization.
• Setting quality compliance objectives and standards of service, and ensuring targets are achieved.
• Develop and updates all inspection forms for civil/structural works.
• Develop and completes turn over packages included turn over punch list.
• Liaise with Project Team, Client, Regulatory Agencies, Consultants and Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure the quality management system is functioning properly, advises on changes and their implementation strategies.
• Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
• Following up with Corrective Actions closure, implements actions of preventive measure and update the system with all record and documentations in order to close the non-conformances.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of Total Quality Management and Methodologies.
• Energetic, detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage a multi-task workload.
• Strong aptitude for quality assurance.
• Excellent ability to clearly explain advanced technical issues in manner that is easily understood.
• Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing.
• Ability to work well both independently and on teams.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Previous experience in a Quality Role and LEED Certification related Projects.
• Previous experience in Canadian and International Standards.
• 5 years in engineering, construction management, or construction quality control fieldwork.
• Wastewater treatment construction knowledge preferred.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.