Working under the Survey Manager, the Laser Scanning Lead will contribute to all design build works involved with the North Shore Waste Water Treatment Plant construction project.
• Primary responsibilities will include registration and deviation checks with Laser Scanning.
• Provide primary field-level guidance to construction progress by translating engineered designs and survey technology to as-built design developments.
• Provide as-built construction designs and drawings by utilizing CAD software, Faro Scene, Revit, Autodesk ReCap and Civil 3D.
• Consistently ensure that safety, quality, and environmental standards are being followed and maintained through each phase of construction
• Communicate and coordinate with Field Supervisory Personnel (Construction Superintendent and Foreman) and Engineering Staff to maintain a strong presence in all construction activities
• Provide timely and accurate collection of survey data.
• Interpret engineered construction design drawings and execute appropriate design field layouts and markups
• Upload and manage all Laser Scan data.
• Produce technical field reports related to construction work such as measurements and quantities as required.
• Perform additional survey-related jobs as needed.
• This position will focus largely on the Registration and interpretation of Laser Scan data, and also providing as-built reports to the BIM platform design files within Autodesk Revit. Field work will be required, however the stronger focus will be associated to developing the As-Built Laser Scan files, and relaying accurate information to the BIM model system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong ReCap, Faro Scene, Leica Cyclone and Revit Skills are essential. This is absolutely essential, and this is immediate functional work.
• Able to immediately perform Laser Scan Registrations and interpretation within ReCap and Revit models.
• This is immediate work and the candidate must be proficient with Registering and interpreting Laser Scan Data, and also facilitatin ReCap and Revit operations for as-built data and QC Checks from Laser Scan Data.
• Ability to work productively under minimal direct supervision.
• Traverse Laser Scan control with Leica Captivate
• Fully Functional knowledge of Faro Scene, AutoDesk ReCap and Revit.
• Ability to work longer hours and/or on night shifts if required.
• Demonstrate the ability to build and manage a cohesive and effective team, with understanding of strengths and weaknesses of team members and using strengths of individuals and group to support the weaknesses.
• Timely registrations and model comparisons of as-built Laser Scan data on a daily basis.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements
• On the project site located in the District of North Vancouver, there is limited access to personal vehicle parking. Candidates should utilize alternative transportation methods to work such as: Public Transit, Car Share, Cycling, or walking. There are multiple Translink Buses from Lonsdale Quay and other transit points that provide efficient commutes to the project site.
• Possess a minimum of 5 years of direct Laser Scan, ReCap and Revit experience within civil, structural, heavy industrial or construction environment.
• Experience in design build of waste water treatment plants would be preferred.
• Possess a Diploma in Survey or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
• Registered Applied Science Technologist or Technician with APEGBC is an asset.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.