ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Crushing and Batching Plants Director for the Site C project in Fort St. John, BC.
As the Crushing & Batching Plants Director, you will have experience in the construction of large-scale hydro-electric dams from the initial scheduling stage, through the construction phase, working directly with the client. You will be adept at achieving production targets through your teams, performing continuous value engineering throughout the Construction process, and for ensuring compliance with client requirements.
• Responsible to achieve the production targets for the Crushing & Batching Plants while respecting the guiding principles of Quality, Cost, Delivery (Q/C/D), Health & Safety, and Environment (HSE).
• Collaborate with the Construction, Tunnel, Earthworks, Engineering and RCC teams their priorities and needs to ensure a coordinated approach to project delivery that removes roadblocks, respects the project timeline, and helps to achieve project milestones.
• Allocate labour & budgetary resources to the Crushing Manager & RCC – CVC Manager to achieve the production targets.
• Collaborate with the Plant & Equipment Maintenance teams to optimize plants productivity, minimize downtime and ensure a robust planned maintenance inspection schedule.
• Ensure compliance with QHSE policies for your teams.
• Support the Construction Director in achieving ‘no significant variances’ to the financial budget
• Support the construction Director in achieving production related milestones.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Civil, structural and dam construction knowledge is needed as well as excellent knowledge of contractual agreements.
• Able to produce written documentation and reports including work plan development.
• Able to multi-task and manage several tasks concurrently.
• Able to delegate and monitor work and provide constructive feedback.
• Able to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver project and operational performance.
• You must be eligible to work in Canada.
• You may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere.
• Civil engineering degree or similar academic credentials an asset.
• 15 years of experience in Crushing & Batching Plants, preferably in heavy Civil projects.
• Several years of experience managing leading construction professionals and craft.
• Several years of experience working in JV major civil construction projects.
• Sound knowledge of construction practices and standards.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.