Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain the Procurement Specialist will be responsible to execute daily purchasing activities to support Operations of ACCIONAs renewable energy generating facilities in North America. This will include registration of suppliers in ACCIONAs Procurement Portal, preparation and management of RFQs, quotation analysis, source recommendations, purchase order generation, expediting efforts and status reporting. Experience in procurement of services and components for energy generating facilities, especially renewables, is a strong plus.
- Screen supplier capabilities including performing organizational, financial, and process capability assessments in accordance with ACCIONAs corporate supplier qualification policy while driving expectations to the Supply Base.
- Conduct rigorous RFQ processes including coordinating clarifications with engineering and other internal stakeholders, analyzing quotation responses, detailed cost analyses, and preparing sourcing recommendations in ACCIONAs Procurement Portal and ERP system.
- Execute daily purchase orders in support of assigned commodities / areas of responsibility, per defined corporate strategies, prepare status reports.
- Lead negotiations including final pricing and the establishment of supply contracts or master service agreements.
- Expedite purchases from suppliers for sites to minimize downtime and improve availability.
- Provide ongoing support to various functional areas, as it relates to purchasing or supply chain issues.
- Gathering and reporting purchasing metrics in support of the overall supply chain metrics. Metrics may include purchase price variance by buyer/supplier/commodity, cost savings and supplier reduction/rationalization.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required in Purchasing and Supply Chain management in a tactical role and knowledge of procurement legal aspects / contracts. Experience in strategic sourcing is a plus. Preference for experience in the renewables/utilities industry.
- Strong mathematics aptitude and business acumen. Strong negotiations skills, and previous contract writing and analysis skills is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Outlook, Access, Word and PowerPoint, and general computer networking literacy.
- Proficiency with SAP MM is a strong plus.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and focus on Customer Service.
- Strengths will include excellent organizational and communication skills. Demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must interact well in a team environment and demonstrate interpersonal relations by displaying a positive customer service attitude.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.