ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Construction Manager for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plan tin North Vancouver, BC.
• Responsible for the overall supervision of construction, industrial, municipal and civil aspects of the project while complying with all applicable environmental requirements.
• Manage and work closely with developers, project managers, consultant engineers, utility providers and local authorities to ensure project quality and that completion is on time and within budget.
• Provide the utmost satisfaction to the client in terms of project being completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned, and ensuring the project work will be executed respecting the quality and security standards.
• Understand best practices of job set-up and management, understand the critical path of decision making.
• Optimize between factors affecting timing, engineering cost, quality and constructability.
• Review weekly job costs and formula project cost projections on a bi-weekly basis and approve all subcontractor or material supplier invoices.
• Provide leadership in scheduled progress meetings.
• Participate in safety meetings and training.
• Ensure that the construction work is performed in accordance with the contract documents and to acceptable standards of quality and workmanship including company QC Plan.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with company safety policies including OHSA, Provincial and Federal legislation and union agreements.
• Build strong relationships with customers and key vendors earning their respect, while at the same time treating them as customers/partners and protecting the Company’s interests.
• Review Construction Project contract with client.
• Optimize opportunities and exhibit good salesmanship to close out change orders, giving constructive information versus combative.
• Cost management and reporting for the construction activivites.
• Ensure quality performance and engineer of record management for the construction activities following the specifications from the designers.
• Document management and change management for the construction activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrate the ability to build and manage a cohesive and effective team, with understanding of strengths of team members and using strengths of individuals and group to support the weaknesses.
• Delegate and monitor work and provide constructive feedback.
• Able to oversee timely and fair punch list completion, resolve all “routine” change orders, timely delivery through close out submittals, leaving the customer with a positive view of Company.
• Demonstrable strategic, operational and program management capabilities, with the ability to effectively lead large technically oriented teams.
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations).
• Exemplary leadership skills, including strong team building capabilities.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions, hence individuals, may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Strong experience in civil works; the ideal candidate would have experience in water treatment plants.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, or Structural Engineering or Construction Management.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience as a Construction Manager.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Scheduling Software-MS Project or Primavera.
• Expert knowledge of and experience in the review and negotiation of technical contracts for large scale heavy civil construction projects, including joint venture (JV) agreements.
• Strong technical, business, financial and legal acumen.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.