ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Health and Safety Manager for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
The Health & Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring the projects safety requirements are met and all regulatory compliance and client requirements are adhered to. The Health & Safety Manager, with support of the QHSE team and project personnel will develop effective health and safety systems, procedures & controls and ensure that they are effectively implemented and maintained across the project. In this role, the Health & Safety Manager will also implement and oversee; project orientations, training & education programs, subcontractor safety, safety audits and inspections.
• Develop, implement and maintain an effective health & safety system for the project which meets, COR and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
• Regularly audit the project’s work sites and implement safety improvements.
• Develop and implement safety training and education initiatives for the project, including site induction/orientation programs.
• Review subcontractors and suppliers site specific health and safety management system and training meet the local regulatory requirements.
• Provide oversight and direction on Prime Contractor responsibilities to the project management team.
• Coordinate the review of risk assessments, job safety analysis and safe systems for the project.
• Implement and maintain health and safety records for the project.
• Implement and maintain an effective incident investigation process and coordinate any preventative and corrective action to prevent recurrence.
• Analyze and identify leading and lagging trends to assist in incident/injury prevention.
• Compile reports to update ongoing safety processes and address current issues.
• Provide recommendations for implementation of preventative and corrective actions and suggest safety program improvements.
• Implement and maintain the projects health and safety policy, plans, systems and procedures.
• Prepare improvement plans and corrective actions based on the findings.
• Work with and support ACCIONA Canada on meeting their corporate reporting requirements and initiatives.
• Act as the Site Safety Qualified Coordinator for the Prime Contractor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of British Columbia Occupational Health & Safety Regulations (OHSR) and Workers Compensation Board Act.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Technical Safety of BC.
• Specific knowledge and application of Certificate of Recognition (COR) program, and ISO / OHSAS 18001 systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work within and manage QHSE and reporting management software.
• Demonstrated ability to write and produce Safety Management plans, procedures, manuals, and other related material as required.
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within a team environment.
• Demonstrated report / technical content writing skills.
• Demonstrated good leadership, supervision, and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability with achieving objectives and delivering results within a team based environment.
• Demonstrated ability to handle competing priorities.
• Ability to adapt and respond to new environments and circumstances.
• Ability to create a positive environment for the group of which he/she is in charge.
• Exceptional communication, listening and problem solving skills.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions, hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Occupational Health and Safety Certificate and/or Diploma.
• Construction Safety Officer (CSO) Certification
•Holder of Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), or is working towards the designation.
• 5 years construction industry experience in a management/supervisory position.
• 10 years practical health and safety experience.
• Confined Space Assessment & Entry Procedure expert preferred.
• WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Attendant Level 2 or 3 preferred.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.