ACCIONA Infrastructure Australia is a subsidiary of ACCIONA S.A., a Spanish company that ranks among the world's leading sustainability-focused businesses in the renewable energy, major infrastructure and water and wastewater treatment sectors. ACCIONA is committed to developing a lasting foundation in Australia.
ACCIONA is undertaking the design and construction of the civil works on the Sydney Light Rail Project. The scope includes 12km of track, 19 stops, and a bridge over the Eastern Distributor, a tunnel under Moore Park, stabling and maintenance facilities, substations and other service buildings along the route.
We are currently looking for dynamic and motivated Foremen to coordinate onsite construction activities, direct wages employees, plant resources and sub contract teams to achieve effective performance from all parties to ensure the safe and successful completion of the project on schedule and to the specified quality.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of work under their supervision
- Ensures that all construction works undertaken and completed are in conformance with the specification and relevant standards and Code of Practice
- Adopt a zero tolerance to work practices and equipment that may be unsafe or have serious adverse safety or environmental impact
- Provides positive leadership to subcontractors, monitors and controls their performance and ensures the quality and standard of workmanship is performed
- Ensures compliance with all ACCIONA management system procedures including: Plant Operator Assessments, verifies Daily Checklists, Weekly Checklists and works with Permits where required
- Ensures compliance with all relevant HSE policies, procedures and relevant legislative requirements
- Ensures compliance with all relevant Rail Safety legislation and completes a relevant Rail Safety Induction (where required and applicable)
- Continually assesses the project for high risk activities and hazards and in conjunction with appropriate personnel recommends measures to control those hazards and associated risks
- Demonstrates an understanding of the process of incident prevention and incident reporting
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Trades qualification relevant to the construction, building or manufacturing industries highly regarded
- Minimum of 8 years' experience ideally some exposure working with a Tier 1 contractor.
- Brownfield experience essential within the Sydney Metro area
- Good communication and record keeping skills
- Team player able to work with engineers to overcome site challenges
ACCIONA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes equality and diversity. Indigenous Australian and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.