This role is responsible for the all aspects of engineering design, analysis and development of large-scale solar PV systems. The position requires a close working relationship with both local and global teams, customers and partners including local certification industry bodies. You will be required to work in cooperation with and draw resources / information from a multinational and multicultural environment. The role will play an integral and active role in helping acquire new business and execute projects.
• Contribute to proposals and projects for solar resource assessments, energy production estimates, performance assessments of operating projects, siting, performance testing, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, component modelling, conceptual design, and strategic planning.
• Assist with solar PV design optimization for cost reduction and performance improvement.
• Contribute to business development, including identification of key drivers, scoping, proposal development, and relationship management
• Solar energy system design and layout.
• Assist with Interconnection design and equipment selection.
• Energy production analysis for life cycle of the installation.
• Engineering support during construction, system commissioning and troubleshooting.
• Evaluating future technologies and what benefit they provide to the Acciona business.
• Develop detailed layouts and electrical design packages for solar PV systems that meet all contractual, code, and permitting requirements.
• Coordinate with civil and structural engineering teams to obtain detailed civil and structural design packages from third party vendors that meet all contractual and permitting requirements.
• Develop single-line diagrams with required electrical details for solar PV systems in accordance with utility interconnection tariffs / requirements, and local authority requirements as necessary.
• Coordinate and obtain SCADA designs for solar PV systems from third parties
• Develop technical specifications and scopes of work for engineering firms and contractors, and review Supplier/Vendor data sheets.
• Provide on-site support for solar PV system commissioning, troubleshooting, power quality site analysis, and remediation.
• Keep up-to-date with current Solar PV technologies, trends and innovation.
• Trouble shooting and assisting operations on an as required basis.
• Degree qualified in Electrical and/or Solar PV Engineering or similar tertiary qualification.
• 6+ years’ experience in large-scale (10MW+) solar PV installations.
• Demonstrate a high-level understanding of large-scale Solar PV installations and operations.
• Demonstrated experience in performing solar resource assessments and energy production modelling using PVsyst (essential).
• Specialty computer skills including GIS, database design, scheduling, Monte Carlo analysis preferred.
• Experience using CAD software, Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel. Ability to develop Visual Basic macros.
• Show strong writing and presentation skills.
• Speaking and understanding Spanish would be beneficial.
• Flexible to travel as required.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.