ACCIONA Infrastructure Australia is a subsidiary of ACCIONA S.A., a Spanish company that ranks among the world's leading sustainability-focused businesses in the renewable energy, major infrastructure, water and wastewater treatment sectors. ACCIONA is committed to developing a lasting foundation in Australia.
ACCIONA is undertaking the design and construction of the civil works on the Sydney Light Rail Project. The scope includes 12km of track, 19 stops, and a bridge over the Eastern Distributor, a tunnel under Moore Park, stabling and maintenance facilities, substations and other service buildings along the route.
We are currently looking for Project Engineers to ensure the effective coordination and control of subcontractors delivering the rail component of the project, whilst also ensuring effective communication and coordination between all disciplines and all other project activities relevant to your assigned work crew.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems
- Provide support on planning, the use of materials, resources, components or systems within the project, and construction practices and problems to ensure project success
- Ensure all quality and environmental aspects of the project are addressed to maintain effective operation and project delivery
- Adhere to and communicate the safety plan to the project team members including suppliers and subcontractors
- Adopt a zero tolerance to work practices and equipment that may be unsafe or have serious adverse safety or environmental impacts
- Conduct basic internal audits on project suppliers and subcontractors
- Maintain and apply all relevant standards, policies, guidelines and legislative requirements necessary to support responsible decisions and courses of action
- Assist the Senior Project Engineer with the development of construction planning documents and monitor their implementation
- Track subcontractor resources daily and record accurately
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering as assessed by Engineers Australia
- Minimum 7 years post-grad construction experience
- Previous experience with embedded track using top-down methodology
- An exemplary safety record
ACCIONA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes equality and diversity. Indigenous Australian and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.