ACCIONA Energy Australia is seeking to appoint a talented Quality Coordinator to join our Australian headquarters in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, HSEQ this new role will coordinate the Quality function throughout the business to ensure processes, information and documentation meet business and compliance requirements, and to support ongoing quality system continuous improvement initiatives.
· Manage the Integrated Management System (IMS) and the Quality Assurance system.
· Coordinate and deliver effective management, review and continuous improvement of quality processes, systems and tools across the business.
· Support the business to maintain Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental certifications and Office of Federal Safety Accreditation.
· Develop internal and external audit schedules and actively support and participate in quality audits across all areas of the business, including sites.
· Work with Business Area Leaders to enhance capability of skills within their own teams to ensure the quality systems are implemented, followed and a positive quality culture is actively supported.
· Manage document control processes and organise IMS documents to make conveniently available for staff.
· Assist in the effective implementation of corporate quality initiatives from head office (Spain) and ensure compliance throughout the business.
· Participate in quality non-conformance reporting and investigation and support the business to ensure appropriate action items are identified and completed.
· Participate in the Management System Review process and ensure action items are addressed.
· Monitor legislation, international and industry standards relevant to quality in ACCIONA Energy to support development of best practice quality management systems.
· Be a positive contributor to the Quality culture of the organisation.
ACCIONA Energy has built and owns three wind farms in Australia, one through a joint venture, and has developed a strong pipeline of projects for construction. ACCIONA is also providing engineering, construction and operational services on the 20MW Royalla solar project near Canberra.
ACCIONA Energy will begin construction of its Mt Gellibrand wind farm early next year after winning a ground-breaking State Government tender. Mt Gellibrand will be ACCIONA's fourth wind farm in Australia, after Cathedral Rocks (64 MW in South Australia), Waubra (192 MW in Victoria) and Gunning (46.5 MW in New South Wales).
To succeed in this position you will have a passion for Quality and an eye for detail. Whilst you will have excellent knowledge of relevant Quality standards, you also have real-life insights into the practical implementation of Quality systems in a complex business. Your well-developed people skills will serve you well as you engage with and influence people across all our sites. Ideally, you will have the following professional profile:-
· At least 5 years Quality experience in a complex working environment with multiple sites; ideally you will have worked in a corporate function within a global business (exposure to construction, heavy industry, manufacturing or utilities environment desirable).
· Degree-qualified or with suitable professional experience to demonstrate learning capacity and a track-record of achieving professional goals.
· Demonstrated understanding and delivery of quality principles and systems and the various legislation, standards and compliance requirements.
· Experienced in understanding and applying Australian/ISO Standards and managing ongoing accreditation requirements and processes.
· Initiative and drive to assist in the development of Quality culture & processes within the organization.
· Relevant HSE exposure or the equivalent technical competence desirable.
· Strong interpersonal skills & ability to form close working relationships.
· Passion for Quality and an eye for detail.
· Sound written and verbal communication skills.
· Flexibility to travel domestically.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.