As a Technical Manager you will have previous experience in infrastructure construction sector and be capable of multi-tasking and managing several tasks concurrently. You will be involved in the bid phase working directly with the client in ascertaining the best scenarios, as well as preparing preliminary sketch up drawings. You will work closely with outside design and architectural firms, communicating the clients' vision from pre-construction through to completion, perform continuous value engineering throughout the process and be responsible for ensuring compliance with client requirements and representing the company during the project bid phase.
• Responsible to look objectively at all aspects of the bid, from pre-design and feasibility through to construction completion and commissioning.
• Comply with all applicable environmental requirements, including environmental certification, regulatory permits and authorizations.
• Collaborate with clients and subcontractors.
• Procurement of design, interpreting drawings, reviewing drawing and making sure the design program is on time.
• Perform quality control for engineering drawings and specifications.
• Manage the cost, scheduling, technical issues and overall productivity of the team
ensuring the project completion on time and within budget.
• Develop engineering drawings and specifications.
• Establish, maintain and manage effective project design resource and team profile at bid and delivery stages.
• Lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the customer and key partners / suppliers at bid and delivery stages.
• Involvement with ‘design strategy’ and approach.
• Ensure appropriate design resource, skill sets and structure.
• Ensures work is carried out in accordance with company safety policy including OHSA, Provincial and Federal legislation.
• Set-up and agree design management regime with the design team.
• Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop a comprehensive scope of service for key stages of project.
• Program and manage all design reviews and co-ordination meetings.
• Ensure that fully coordinated design programs are produced and integrate with the agreed bid schedule and they are regularly monitored for progress and updates.
• Monitor progress against the program, and report to the bid team.
• Ensure that design is developed in line with commercial and construction requirements and the cost plan budget allowances.
• Ensure that the design fully accords with the defined specifications as detailed within the work package control document or sub-contract documents as appropriate.
• Co-ordinate the activities of the design team, contractors and statutory bodies (e.g. Local Authorities) in line with all applicable environmental requirements.
• Ensure the design process recognizes compliancy issues, current legislation, standards and codes of practice.
• Maintain design within cost restraints fully incorporating customers’ requirements.
• Coordinate change control system and ensure changes are accounted for, authorized and implemented, as necessary, with the Bid Director and client.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Civil, structural and construction knowledge and excellent knowledge of contractual and building regulations across the province.
• Delegate and monitor work and provide constructive feedback.
• Able to oversee timely and fair punch list completion, resolve all “routine” change orders, timely delivery through close out submittals, leaving the customer with a positive view of Company.
• Good operational planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
• Solid experience in infrastructure design and engineering.
- Waste Water Treatment Plant experience.
• Expert level in AutoCAD.
• Professional qualification in engineering, engineering technology of a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in design related role.
• Sound knowledge of construction practices and standards.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.