ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking for a Construction Manager Structures who will plan, schedule and manage day-to-day site operations, including the supervision of all direct labour and sub contractors. The Construction Manager Structures is responsible to ensure that the Project works are safely completed on schedule in compliance with the contract requirements as well as the project budget. All work must be performed efficiently, and completed to highest standards of quality and workmanship.
- Manage all aspects associated with the planning, construction and hand-over of structures on the project.
- Allocate work to and manage a team of Superintendents and Field Engineers to ensure the preparation for works is in place to support the construction on or ahead of schedule.
- Manage budgets, production targets, planning and sequencing of the works.
- Record and allocate cost coding to resources or oversee correct implementation of same.
- Efficiently manage site materials, plant and equipment.
- Liaise with suppliers and sub-contractors regarding material delivery, storage and installation.
- Liaise regarding engineering and construction issues with subcontractors
- Manage subcontract packages of work and ensure regular minutes co-ordination meetings take place.
- Ensure all works are constructed in accordance with the contract requirements as they relate to the project drawings and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable. Occupational Health & Safety Acts / Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements as they relate to the assigned scope of work.
- Implement the company safety program as per current procedures and pro-actively work to develop and maintain a culture of safety within the workforce.
- Ensure that the Quality Management Plan procedures are followed in full including sign-off on requests for inspections and any corrective measures required.
- Ensure that the Environmental Management Plan procedures are followed in full.
- Maintain accurate weekly records for progress reporting and measurement purposes.
- Oversee production of: RFIs; Site Queries; extra work orders; NCRs; deficiencies; handover; as-built documentation and close out documents.
- Ensure that staff maintain the daily site diary and appropriate records to fulfil the requirements of the contract and provide detailed history of site events and history
- Prepare reports as per project procedures manual and requirements of the contract;
- Maintain high level of morale among subordinates.
- Conduct direct reporting of employee performance plans and assessments, supervise and train employees, take corrective action as required.
- Delegate adequate authority to enable subordinates to carry out their responsibilities and ensure that the sub-ordinates are capable of taking on such responsibilities.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Assist in bid processes if and when required.
- Enforce current codes of conduct as per the company standards and the contract.
- Keep the Construction Manager informed of significant developments.
- Promote the best interest of Company at all times.
- Manage and lead a site team (Superintendents, Senior Engineer, Field Engineers, Foremen and sub-contractors) to meet safety, quality, environmental, schedule, production and budget requirements of the project.
- Prepare reports detailing status of the project on a monthly basis (or as required).
- Ensure work is constructed in accordance with the contact requirements.
- Maintain and work in the interest of the safety of the Experience/Qualifications
- Graduate of civil engineering plus at least 8 years of related experience, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Waste Water Treatment Plant experience.
- Over 5 years experience in major civil infrastructure
- Team leader/management experience.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.