ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking for a Civil Construction Manager for a project in Vancouver, BC.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of construction, industrial, municipal, structural and civil aspects of the project while complying with all the applicable environmental requirements.
- Manage and work closely with the client, project discipline managers, consultant engineers, utility providers and local authorities to ensure the quality of the project, the completion on time and within budget.
- Providing the utmost satisfaction to the client in terms of completion of milestones and the overall project, on schedule and within the budget that has been assigned, whilst ensuring the project work is executed respecting the applicable quality and security standards.
- Understand best practices of project mobilisation, constructability, management and the critical path of decision making.
- Optimize between factors affecting timing, engineering cost, quality and constructability.
- Review weekly job costs and formula project cost projections and approve all subcontractor or material supplier invoices.
- Provide leadership in scheduled progress meetings.
- Participate in safety meetings and training and ensure that the culture of safety is implemented across the project.
- Ensure that the construction work is performed in accordance with the project agreement and to acceptable standards of quality and workmanship including the company ISO policies and procedures and the relevant CSA requirements.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with company safety policy including OHSA, Provincial and Federal legislation and union agreements.
- Build strong relationships with customers and key vendors earning their respect, while at the same time treating them as customers/partners and protecting the Company’s interests.
- Assist in the review of the project agreement with the client and project team.
- Optimize opportunities and exhibit good salesmanship to close out change orders, providing constructive information versus combative.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrate the ability to build and manage a cohesive and effective team, with understanding of strengths and weaknesses of team members and using strengths of individuals and group to support the weaknesses.
• Delegate and monitor work and provide constructive feedback.
• Able to oversee timely and fair close out of defects lists, resolve all “routine” change orders, timely delivery through close out submittals, leaving the customer with a positive view of Company.
• Demonstrable strategic, operational and program management capabilities, with the ability to effectively lead large technically oriented teams.
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations).
• Exemplary leadership skills, including strong teambuilding capabilities.
- Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
- Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
- Strong experience in civil and/or structural works; the ideal candidate would have experience in waste water treatment plant projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, or Structural Engineering or Construction Management.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience as a Construction Manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Scheduling Software Primavera.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in the review and negotiation of technical contracts for large scale heavy civil construction projects, including joint venture (JV) agreements.
- Strong technical, business, financial and commercial acumen.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.