Working within the ACCIONA Concesiones international business development team generally, and ACCIONA Concesiones Australia specifically, manage Business Development activity in the South East Asian markets, with a key focus on Australia and New Zealand.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform business opportunities analysis, including technical, economic and legal aspects (feasibility and risk assessment), as well as client contact as required with a view to presenting balanced and reliable data and articulate decision-making processes.
- Coordinate reports, calculations, etc. fulfil administrative requirements for successful project internal investment proposals, and fixing proposed terms and conditions of bids.
- Search, screen, analyse and seek approval for appropriate partners (technical / financial) for identified projects, working with the ACCIONA Infrastructure Business development team
- Assist the development of bid proposals, including acting in a lead role within bid teams if necessary or required, with a focus on strategy, terms and conditions of partnering and other third party arrangements, presentation, and liaison with other company departments (operations, financial, technical, legal, etc.)
- Assist with supplier and service provider contacts, and negotiate terms and conditions, building these costs and timeframes within studies carried out.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all possible partners of ACCIONA Concessions, in different business opportunities, supporting the appropriate development Project Manager.
- Keeps the activities focused on his/her key responsibilities/objectives, meeting the intended deadlines when faced with unfavorable situations.
- Seeks new alternatives when the difficulties in the environment do not allow advancement.
- Works to meet challenging goals, sees opportunities instead of obstacles.
- Seeks to achieve objectives that are more demanding each year.
Organization and Planning
- Establishes and coordinates the means at his/her disposal for a specific purpose and a temporary vision that stretches farther than the normal day to day.
- Is familiar with and applies the planning methods defined by ACCIONA.
- Takes into account possible incidents that may occur and schedules alternative and preventive short-term actions.
- Establishes systemic plans in order to achieve the set objectives, optimizing available resources.
Flexibility and Orientation Towards Change
- Is open to new work methods, cooperating and helping to overcome the problems (technical or relationship) that these may generate.
- Open and not defensive when presented with points of view that are different from his/her own.
- Communicates to others the reason for changes that affect their environment.
- Works well in different situations of with groups of different people.
Team development and Leadership
- Ensures that his/her team or project collaborators work with adequate guidelines.
- Knows the abilities/knowledge of the persons that comprise the group and assigns objectives/ responsibilities accordingly.
- Informs team members of decisions that may affect them. Creates a positive environment for the group of which he/she is in charge.
- Has the ability to keep operational relationships for the normal development of his/her work with other Departments.
- Establishes positive contacts that contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the position within his/her area of activities.
- Maintains relationships with different people.
- Uses providers, clients, consultants as a source of information.
- Is able to achieve timely positive agreements in negotiations.
- Is tenacious in carry out negotiations to a good conclusion.
- Participates decisively in the closing of negotiations.
- Is persistent and firm, negotiates without giving up with is important.
Experience/Qualifications / Personal and Other Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Master degree in Engineering or Business / Business Administration.
- Three to five years of experience in business development activities with a focus on PPPs.
- International experience desirable.
- Multicultural, Open Minded
- Pro-active, good negotiator, strong communication skills.
- Flexible, with good ability to adapt to changes.
- Innovative, h igh capacity to work hard and under pressure.
- Winning mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Spanish language skills preferred but not essential.
- Availability to travel or change residence.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.