ACCIONA Energy Australia is seeking to appoint a talented Project Electrical Engineer to work on our newest wind farm construction project. The Mt Gellibrand Wind Farm is located near Colac, in Victoria.
This position reports directly to the Project Manager, providing technical expertise, quality review, supervision, monitoring and reporting of the onsite Electrical works during the construction and commissioning of the project.
- Assist in the development of the project quality plan providing specific input regarding key design requirements that require specific quality control activities and the timing of those activities
- Review contractor Work Method Statements to ensure that the proposed construction methodology satisfies the design intent
- Review contractor Inspection Test Plans to ensure that the proposed inspections align with the project quality plan, and confirm suitability of materials, supplies and all workmanship
- Coordinate the RFI process between contractors, design resources, suppliers and project site resources
- Provide technical advice through the electrical works program, including but not limited to:
o Design intent
o Construction methodology
o Quality requirements
o Rectification of design/construction issues
o Testing and commissioning
o Electrical Safety
- Review and assess contractor submitted material, equipment’s and supply specification
- Carry out quality control inspection across all electrical works and as directed by the Project Manager, including during construction and commissioning of:
o MV Reticulation system including cabling, and kiosk transformers
o 33/66 kV substation
o Communications/SCADA systems
- Prepare technical reports and contribute to project reporting as directed by the Project Manager
- Prepare the appropriate quality documentation as requested by the project Quality Officer and or as directed by the Project Manager
- Participate in all project coordination meetings, project audits or other activities as directed by the Project Manager
- Review of contractors Work Method Statements
- Coordination of RFI process as it relates specifically to the electrical design and construction.
- Technical advice and quality control activities as directed by the Project Manager
- Assist in the management and assessment of change control for electrical works on the project.
- Scheduling follow up, coordinating all the involved parties in the detailed design, ensuring that activities are properly monitored by both the functional and hierarchical responsible.
- Technical evaluation signature to be attached for every piece of equipment award proposal.
- Ensure that the all activities are properly embedded in the overall project P6 schedule.
- Coordination meetings with both local and global teams as well as relevant subcontractors
- Construction team full support: meetings with potential electrical works and electrical installation subcontractors before contract awarding; documentation explanation and modification requests when needed; troubleshooting.
- Participation in Safety in Design workshops and reviews.
To succeed in this position you will have the following professional profile:-
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a comparable technical role within the Australian HV construction industry, where a strong understanding of substation, MV reticulation, cabling, jointing, commissioning and electrical safety is demonstrated.
- Able to read and understand detail electrical engineering drawings, information and technical specifications Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel and experience with other MS packages.
- Strong working knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD).
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- A good command of the English language.
More about ACCIONA
ACCIONA Energy has built and owns three wind farms in Australia, one through a joint venture, and has developed a strong pipeline of projects for construction. ACCIONA is also providing engineering, construction and operational services on the 20MW Royalla solar project near Canberra.
ACCIONA Energy will begin construction of its Mt Gellibrand wind farm early next year after winning a ground-breaking State Government tender. Mt Gellibrand will be ACCIONA's fourth wind farm in Australia, after Cathedral Rocks (64 MW in South Australia), Waubra (192 MW in Victoria) and Gunning (46.5 MW in New South Wales).
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.