ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking for a Subcontract Manager for our project in Saint John, New Brunswick.
To maximize project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in cost management and reporting. To carry out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost and margin. Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client/main contractor and subcontractors.
• Conduct negotiations regarding commercial terms and conditions with subcontractors.
• Review subcontract’s quotes & information actively participating in procurement.
• Assess and ensure appropriate bonding is obtained from all subcontractors in accordance with the Commercial Plan.
• Administer subcontractors and monitor their performance and compliance to commercial terms.
• Check progress applications and issue recommendations for payment.
• Valuation of change orders.
• Assist Commercial Manager with earned value reporting.
• Interact with engineering and construction departments to ensure compliance with terms, revisions, and amendments of subcontract.
• Participate in subcontract claims or dispute settlements according to delegated authority.
• Conduct subcontract final account review and process back charges.
• Recommend efficiency changes to contract administration.
• Claims from subcontractors and claims against the client.
• Administer the contractual execution of the contract and ensure compliance.
• Process contractor requests for progress payment, reviewing for accuracy of the request prior to issuance to cost control.
• Process contractor requests for release of hold back and final payment, ensuring all documentation is received, and deficiencies are addressed.
• Final close-out of the contract and evaluation of contractor performance.
• Comply with and implement all Health & Safety project requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced knowledge of contractual execution of the contract and ensure compliance.
• Surety/Letters of Credit – Performance, Holdback, Labour & Material Bonding.
• Commercial, cost control, risk management and contract requirements awareness.
• Excellent spreadsheet and word processing skills.
• Excellent organization, documentation and planning skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Expert numerical competence and spreadsheet aptitude.
• Construction projects and the ability to work within a fixed budget.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Accordingly, individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere as determined by ACCIONA’s resource requirements.
• MRICS, CIOB or currently engaged in being chartered.
• Degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or similar.
• 5-10 years of experience in contract administration.
• Water Process / Water Treatment and/or Mechanical and Electrical System experience preferred.
• Experience in working in multi-national joint venture environment.
• Design Build experience in a P3 environment.
• Experience managing packages worth $10 million or more.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.