Reporting to the CFO and the Procurement Department, the Procurement Officer’s role is to work within the Finance and the Procurement teams (in Australia and Head Office in Spain) to procure supply of materials and services across the business in particular in the Construction and Operation areas. This role will facilitate the best possible outcome with respect to cost, time, safety and quality, as well as enabling cooperation and coordination among the different areas of the business (i.e. engineering and construction, development, operations, finance, etc.) both in Australia and Spain. The position is a vital link in obtaining and analysing costing information for materials and services to be incorporated in the submission of bids. The role is located at our Australian Headquarters in Melbourne.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Collect data and conduct analysis on external factors such as industry and market dynamics, and products/services trends.
- Perform supplier analysis: financial stability, sustainability, certifications and production capabilities (goods/ services, quality levels).
- Identify appropriate internal and external data sources utilizing Sourcing Analyst capabilities or Local Buyers on site.
- Collect data and conduct analysis on internal factors such as spend and customer requirements.
- Develop and perform calculations on industry and supplier cost models, as well as total cost of ownership models.
- Provide analytical support during the supplier screening and supplier selection process.
- Assist in the development of RFQ by defining potential supplier lists, incl. pre-qualification inquiries.
- Prepare fact-based negotiation packages, supporting the Regional Manager in the negotiation process.
- Identify demand aggregation initiatives to minimize lower purchases.
- Review and propose improvements in Master Data Base.
- Complete market price analysis in coordination with Business Units team.
- Support development of sourcing strategy.
- Set up RFP and Auction events in PROCURe.
- Provide technical background information on system capabilities (e.g. evaluation scenarios).
- Analyze supplier responses, run scoring models and prepare decision support documentation.
- Execute response reporting and scenario analysis as input for final supplier award selection.
- Produce business intelligence reports as required and ensure that all reconciliations are completed to meet SLA targets.
- Execute, verify, modify and distribute reports according to pre-defined reporting schedules.
- On a regular basis, compile, consolidate, and derive the proper data sets from multiple data sources to be able to report spend appropriately.
- Agree on changes to reports and distribute.
- Prepare ad hoc reports according to requestor requirements.
- Support strategy and procurement optimization processes by providing data availability insights.
- Suggest process improvements to decrease report generation effort.
- Support the savings tracking process.
- Support the Regional Manager in business case calculations.
To succeed in this position you will have the following professional profile:-
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management of highly engineered components, capital equipment, and/or Aftermarket - Post Sales Supply Chain efforts.
- BA in Business or Engineering degree highly desirable; Masters in International Commercial Trade (desirable).
- Thorough knowledge of INCOTERMs and international logistics issues.
- Demonstrated experience in working with multinational companies.
- Strengths will include excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local market and strategic sourcing experience including supplier qualification and development.
- Strong aptitude in mathematics and analytics as well as attention to detail.
- Flexible attitude and able to work under pressure and in a fluid work environment.
- Business acumen including proven negotiation skills and advanced contract management skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge and experience in SAP ERP system, analytical and WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) software, Service Optimiser.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Able to understand and speak Spanish is beneficial.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.