Reporting to the Manager for Environment & Planning, this role is responsible for planning and implementing community consultation and relations programs with the aim of ensuring relationships with project landowners, neighbours, and local communities are both positive and constructive. The role is based in our head office in Melbourne, with regular travel required to project locations which requires overnight travel. Key responsibilities include:-
- Developing and implementing community consultation plans;
- Undertaking stakeholder analysis for sites in development, prospecting, due diligence and delivery phases;
- Organising community events and consultation activities;
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with landowners, local communities and local project stakeholders;
- Resolving issues with landowners, neighbours and local communities;
- Ensuring that community sponsorships and funding programs are managed transparently and in adherence with AEAG sponsorship principals;
- Preparing quality communication materials, such as newsletters, information bulletins, advertisements and websites;
- Management of stakeholder/landowner consultation databases.
To succeed in this position you will have the following technical profile:-
- Tertiary qualified with a minimum of 5 years of experience in community relations and community consultation work;
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a professional approach to community relations;
- Knowledge of principles for effective public participation, stakeholder relations and community engagement;
- Proven capabilities in preparing stakeholder analyses, consultation plans, communications materials and managing community relationships and expectations;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in community relations programs, sponsorships and processing community funding applications, and creating positive community benefit;
- Understanding of regulatory planning and environmental processes in relation to infrastructure projects;
- Experience in delivering outcomes on time and within budget;
- Current Victorian or equivalent Australian state driver’s license.
ACCIONA Energy has built and owns three wind farms in Australia, one through a joint venture, and has developed a strong pipeline of projects for construction. ACCIONA is also providing engineering, construction and operational services on the 20MW Royalla solar project near Canberra. ACCIONA Energy has begun construction of its Mt Gellibrand wind farm after winning a ground-breaking State Government tender. Mt Gellibrand will be ACCIONA's fourth wind farm in Australia, after Cathedral Rocks (64 MW in South Australia), Waubra (192 MW in Victoria) and Gunning (46.5 MW in New South Wales).
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.