ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking for a Mechanical Design Coordinator for a project in North Vancouver, BC.
The Mechanical Design Coordinator will assist the Design Manager by taking charge of specific project engineering duties which generally fall within the areas described below. End result to deliver a successful project on time, on budget, within company requirements and client obligations for safety, health, environmental and quality.
• Coordinate and compile tender package drawings and specifications.
• Review drawings and specifications for schedule 3 compliance.
• Review Trade shop drawings for engineering and compliance of design intent.
• Provide Quality assurance review of Consultants mechanical Design drawings and specifications.
• Monthly on site review of installations, provide detailed written reports as scheduled.
• Attend design meeting weekly, coordinate design program with team programmer.
• Provide support to project design related staff and direct subcontract partners.
• Support the Design Manager in maintaining cordial relations and communications with the Client.
• Working within the assigned levels of authority, work within the project budget, schedule, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
• Support the Design Manager in establishing and implementing design controls on Projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, coordination and planning skills.
• Basic working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
• Excellent people and communication skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Previous project experience in waste water treatment projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• Ability to understand and work with engineering and technical drawings as well as Project Schedules.
• 3+ years experience.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.