ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking for a Process Mechanical Design Coordinator for a project in North Vancouver, BC.
The Process Mechanical Design Coordinator will assist the Process Mechanical Lead by taking charge of specific project engineering duties which generally fall within the areas of piping support, valves, gates and electromechanical equipment. End result to deliver a successful project on time, on budget, within company requirements and client obligations for safety, health, environmental and quality.
• Coordinate and compile tender package drawings and specifications.
- In charge of the vendor selection for the piping, seismic supports, valves, gates and hoisting equipment.
- In charge of the vendor selection for the piping and equipment installation.
• Review drawings and specifications for contract compliance.
• Review Trade shop drawings for engineering and compliance of design intent.
• Provide Quality assurance review of Consultants Mechanical Design drawings and specifications.
• Monthly on site review of installations, provide detailed written reports as scheduled.
• Attend design meeting weekly, coordinate design program with team programmer.
- Risk identification and direct cost management from the design phase until the final design submission.
- Prepare project budget and contract variation.
- Perform design changes arising from Client's design scope variation.
- Confirm the development of all project deliverables according to programme of works to meet critical project milestones.
• Provide support to project design related staff and direct subcontract partners.
• Support in maintaining cordial relations and communications with the Client.
• Working within the assigned levels of authority, work within the project budget, schedule, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
• Support in establishing and implementing design, risk and cost controls on Projects.
- Managing the design as a contractor, and not as a designer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, coordination and planning skills.
• Basic working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
• Excellent people and communication skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Previous project experience in water treatment projects or industrial projects in charge of piping and electromechanical equipment. With experience with procurement packages and best cost design options.
- Experience in design of seismic supports and seismic design for OFC and Essential Services.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical engineering preferred.
• Ability to understand and work with engineering and technical drawings as well as Project Schedules.
• 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Construction site experience is a plus.
- BC piping and subcontractors experience is a plus.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.