The Manager, Business Development will help build and grow the business through positive engagement and relationship building both internally and with new and existing clients with the aim to support the Australian and international business objectives and targets. Reporting to the General Manager, Development this position is based in Melbourne or Sydney, dependant upon the location of the preferred candidate.
- Identify, assess, develop and project manage potential project opportunities with external customers for ACCIONA to deploy its renewable technology and project delivery expertise.
- Identify, assess, develop and project manage greenfield opportunities ensuring that projects progress to commercial pre-construction in accordance with schedule, costs and quality expectations.
- Understanding of renewable energy project performance and investment drivers and risks including market and policy conditions.
- Working with colleagues to develop the project offering to optimise outcomes for both the client and ACCIONA.
- Build relationships with external clients and play an active role in messaging ACCIONA’s key value drivers to potential project partners.
- Coordinate the timely preparation of commercial project bids, project financial analysis, and preparation of feasibility reports and business cases.
- Identify and analyse potential project risks and mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and contribute to the assessment and management of potential project partners and suppliers.
- Support commercial and contractual negotiations in collaboration with other ACCIONA colleagues.
- Assist in the preparation and defence of internal project approval documents.
- Previous experience in the large scale renewable energy sector (wind, solar PV) including exposure to all aspects of project development, M&A and EPC contracting.
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, business management, science or engineering preferred.
- Experience in a project management position with proven track record of managing inputs from a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Skills and experience in negotiation and an ability to influence outcomes and decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; the ability to develop clear and concise plans and presentations covering project status, timeline, risk assessment, and budget needs and performance.
- Ability to operate at a detailed level, to organize and multi-task, with a dedication to seeing projects through to completion.
- Understanding of business dynamics, with the ability to negotiate effectively with colleagues, clients, regulators, utilities, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and strategic thinking.
- Available to travel regularly as required.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.