Reporting to the Senior Manager, Engineering and based in Melbourne this role is responsible for assessment of grid connection options, design of primary and/or secondary systems connection infrastructure and interfacing solutions and assisting with grid connection applications and related negotiations.
· Assist in developing the strategy for achieving connection of each project, prepare project plans and manage to achieve required outcomes.
· Assist with the technical negotiation of key connection related agreements.
· Assist with developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including AEMO, TNSPs / DNSPs, consultants and AE counterparts.
· Assist and participate in EPC Electrical Works sub-contract tender processes.
· Design of project power system protection solutions.
· Develop connection enquiries and assist with generation license and registration applications.
Delivery and Construction
· Develop and maintain power system primary and/or secondary designs and specifications for projects, including review of design inputs from external contractors.
· Develop tender specifications for procurement and execution of works.
· Act as Owner’s Engineer in primary and/or secondary design to ensure that Contractor designs meet the specifications.
· Provide Power System Engineering advice and support throughout all phases of project construction.
· Perform PSSE modelling to assess system faults, load flow and dynamic analysis in distribution and transmission systems.
· Assist in the development of Generator Performance Standards documentation.
· Assist in the development of Generator commissioning plans and R2 testing requirements.
· Assist in the development of ‘as built’ drawings and O&M manuals.
· Assist with the testing and commissioning of electrical systems to ensure compliance against Project, Contract and Australian Standards specifications.
· Complete project documentation for handover to O&M personnel upon completion.
· Provide technical advice on electrical system failures or incidents.
· Provide technical advice for upgrades or modifications to operational systems.
· Contribute to business to business communications with network service providers.
· Resolution of grid and electrical and communications technical issues during the construction and operational phases.
· Provide professional Power System Engineering advice regarding in-house developments, bids and delivery of third party EPC projects, projects under construction and operational assets.
· Assist in the development of tender documents for submission for external bids and other contracting opportunities.
· Develop trusted working relationships with head-office, internal and external stakeholders.
· Contribute to maintenance and improvement of the technical standards and company procedures.
· Development and/or enhance existing skills and expertise in modelling techniques using PSSE, DigSilent and PSCAD.
· Assist in engagement and management of external consultants to perform specialist tasks and complete work in a timely manner in accordance with project schedules.
· Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable qualifications.
· Current Member or eligible for membership of Engineers Australia.
· Experience (5+ years) in a technical role in the power generation, transmission or distribution industries, including experience in the design and implementation of power systems.
· Experience in grid connection procedures with AEMO, DNSP’s & TNSP’s.
· Experience producing and reviewing engineering specifications and drawings.
· Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team in design and construction.
· Strong technical report writing skills.
· Willingness and flexibility to travel to project sites, as required.
· Current Australian driver’s license.
· Relevant higher degree.
· Chartered Member of Engineers Australia.
· Experience with the design and grid connection of renewable energy projects.
· Experience in the use of CDEGS and/or ETAP.
· Understanding of substation design standards.
· Understanding of wind turbine generator performance.
· Project management skills, qualifications or experience.
· Experience working across cultures and languages.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.