Reporting to the CFO, this position will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, cash management and bank reconciliation functions, budget and forecasts preparation, compliance with tax requirements, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures as required. The position will provide financial support to all departments through proactive timely communication to both AEAG and Head Office as well as manage the finance team. The role is based in Melbourne.
Day to day management of the Finance team ensuring business objectives are set, achieved and monitored as well developing the skills of the team to meet their career aspirations.Other duties include;
· Manage the GL of the AEAG Group to ensure compliance with Australian Accounting standards, ASIC and Financial agreement requirements.
· Maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records.
· Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
· Maintain a watching brief over future compliance requirements and communicate the impact with the business.
Policy, Process, Internal Controls & Audit
· Recommend, develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls in relation to new Accounting Standard requirements and financial processes.
· Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
· Manage the interim and final audit process preparing the accounting position papers.
· Assist the CFO in preparing annual audited financial statements.
· Completing the AEAG group taxes return and related compliance and other tac matters as they arise.
· Assist the CFO in issues such as Thin Capitalisation, group losses, transfer pricing or import duty.
· Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Financial and Management Reporting
· Prepare Management and Executive Reportings and any other business report as required
· Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
· Provide for a system of management cost reports
· Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
· Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
· Elaboration of Statutory Financial Statements.
· Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
· Supervision of Month End and Year End close Australian and Head Office Reporting requirements.
· Ensure the financial information undertakings (i.e. compliance certificates) required by the lenders under the corresponding project finances are met on time and as per the finance contract requirements.
· Comply with all AFSL related conditions, policies and procedures.
· Preparation of the cash forecast on a timely and efficient way in order to mitigate potential cash needs in the business.
· Process payroll in a timely manner
· Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
· Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
· Tertiary accounting degree and public accounting experience (CPA preferred). Postgraduate Accountancy Qualification will be highly recommended.
· Minimum of 7-8 years of accounting experience, including two years of supervisory responsibility. Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable.
· Advanced MS Excel & Intermediary MS Word.
· Sound systems knowledge.
· Strong understanding of International Accounting Standards.
· Solution focused and able to support managers in the wider business.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.