ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking to hire a Design Build Joint Venture Bid Director in Toronto, ON for a bid process.
Primary Objective of the Bid Director role is to be responsible for the management of bid submission in compliance with the Client’s requirements, managing the process to achieve preferred bidder and financial close.
• Assist in development of the Bid Management Plan and lead in its execution.
• Take Lead responsibility for the direction and overall management of a bid process with regard to all activities of the design build joint venture. Know the contents of the bid thoroughly so that control and ownership is clearly communicated to the client and produce an integrated bid that meets the client’s requirements.
o Create a partnership approach across the bid team to leverage all skills, creativity, insight and talent available.
o Establish, lead and mentor bid teams ensuring all parties are clear of expectations and responsibilities.
o Direct and coordinate activities within a Consortium including developers, advisors, consultants, contractors and operators.
• Fully understand the risks of the project and control the transfer of those risks; work with team to negotiate a commercially viable solution.
• Participate and or lead in various facets of the proposal development such as the drafting of commercial agreements, team structuring, corporate research.
• Overall responsible for the preparation of proposals and other related deliverable documents required as part of the bid submission.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Implement sign off procedures and processes; establish budgets and control expenditure coordination of the bid process and activities of the team as a whole.
• Work with the D & B Contractor to negotiate acceptable pricing & terms to be included within the bid.
• Assist in the negotiation of contracts to achieve financial close.
• Participate in pre-construction and pre-development activities.
• Liaise & work with other regions of our business to comply with correct procedures of the company.
• Take the lead role in developing Bids, including written submission, presentation, monitoring requirements/amendments.
• Successful track record of managing a bid team including consultants and advisors to achieve a successful project.
• Develop a reference project qualification database.
• Maintain a highly ethical and professional image of ACCIONA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Able to form collaborative, high integrity, relationships at the senior management level with client organizations, Government and with colleagues.
• Full knowledge in the Major Project’s construction sector and approaches.
• Able to direct and write concise succinct value added RFQ and or RFP submissions.
• Data base development, maintenance and implementation knowledge and skills.
• Skilled at presenting and public speaking.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Experience in an international construction company responsible for completing winning request for proposals.
• Experience with major projects to at least $100M.
• Proven Major Project successful bid management experience - bidding to the public sector.
• Previous experience of negotiating Project Agreements from initial agreements through to financial close.
• A record of successful business development and / or leadership of significant P3 bid teams in Canada preferably on major transit and / or transportation projects.
• P.Eng supplemented with a Marketing or Business Degree.
• 15 years’ experience in major infrastructure construction business development.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.