ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc.is looking to hire a Construction Manager -Bridges, Highways, Civil for a bid process in Toronto, ON.
As a Construction Manager you will be in charge of the project operations, comply with all applicable Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements. You will provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight for large scale projects, ranging in value from $250 M to over $1B, throughout their lifecycle. You will collaborate with partners, both internal and external, to execute all project activities on time and on budget.
• Responsible for the overall supervision of construction, industrial, municipal and civil aspects of the project while complying with all the applicable environmental requirements.
• Manage and work closely with developers, project managers, consultant engineers, utility providers and local authorities to ensure the quality of the project, the completion on time and within budget.
• Ability to lead teams developing overall integrated construction plans for multi-billion dollar transit and transportation construction programs.
• Providing the utmost satisfaction to the client in terms of project being completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned, and ensuring the project work will be executed respecting the quality and security standards.
• Understand best practices of job set-up and management, understand the critical path of decision making.
• Optimize between factors affecting timing, engineering cost, quality and constructability.
• Review weekly job costs and formula project cost projections on bi-weekly basis and approve all subcontractor or material supplier invoices.
• Provide leadership in scheduled progress meetings.
• Participate in safety meetings and training.
• Ensures that the construction work is performed in accordance with the contract documents and to acceptable standards of quality and workmanship including company QC Plan.
• Ensures work is carried out in accordance with company safety policy including OHSA, Provincial and Federal legislation and union agreements.
• Build strong relationships with customers and key vendors earning their respect, while at the same time treating them as customers/partners and protecting the Company’s interests.
• Review Construction Project contract with client.
• Optimize opportunities and exhibit good salesmanship to close out change orders, giving constructive information versus combative.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrate the ability to build and manage a cohesive and effective team, with understanding of strengths and weaknesses of team members and using strengths of individuals and group to support the weaknesses.
• Delegate and monitor work and provide constructive feedback.
• Able to oversee timely and fair punch list completion, resolve all “routine” change orders, timely delivery through close out submittals, leaving the customer with a positive view of Company.
• Demonstrable strategic, operational and program management capabilities, with the ability to effectively lead large technically oriented teams.
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations).
• Exemplary leadership skills, including strong teambuilding capabilities.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions, hence individuals, may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Strong experience in civil works; the ideal candidate would have experience on bridges, roads, infrastructure projects.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, or Structural Engineering or Construction Management.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience as a Construction Manager.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Scheduling Software-MS Project or Primavera.
• Expert knowledge of and experience in the review and negotiation of technical contracts for large scale heavy civil construction projects, including joint venture (JV) agreements.
• Strong technical, business, financial and legal acumen.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.