The Contracts Administrator, in conjunction with and reporting to the Project Manager, manages the implementation and administration of contractual, commercial, financial processes and procedures for the project. She or he is responsible for best practice integration, effective advice and guidance on contractual, commercial and financial matters across the project. This is a fixed term contract until October 2018 to coincide with the construction timelines of the Mt Gellibrand Wind Farm project. The role is based in Melbourne and requires regular travel to the project site.
• Ensures that all project team members are provided with the necessary information to assist them to undertake their duties;
• Assists in the management of contractual and commercial disputes and where applicable the coordination and direction to internal legal counsel;
• Preparation and management of contracts, ensuring appropriate approvals are in place and obtained for all contracts;
• Preparation and management of subcontractor and consultant contracts;
• Implementation of company templates for all forms of contracts, tenders, scopes, specifications and expressions of interest;
• Provides advice and information to the project team on contractual and commercial matters including compliance with contract documents, legislation and Australian or relevant Standards;
• Be aware of and ensure compliance with Head Contract conditions and its provisions;
• Ensure all risk contingency is appropriately recorded and reported;
• Work with and seek assistance from the Project Manager on all potential contract risks/opportunities.
• Ensures that all financial obligations of the contract are adequately covered and project risk is minimised;
• Ensure that no subcontractor is engaged on the project prior all prequalification requirements are met and to the execution of the subcontract.
• Ensures the accurate and concise project contract valuation reporting is complete in accordance with accounting cut off dates;
• Establishes implements and maintains systems in accordance with company requirements and procedures;
• Reviews project cash flows and identifies divisional cash requirements to the Project Manager;
• Provide the Project Manager project trend analysis;
• Finalises project financial close out reports;
• Provide feedback to estimating departments on completed projects for future reference.
• A qualification in commercial or legal field desirable.
• 5-8 years’ experience in contract management;
• Experience in major construction projects essential;
• Demonstrated management of contracts on large projects essential;
• Experience working within the renewables industry, wind farm construction (ideal but not essential);
• Demonstrated ability to analyse contractual/legal issues and provide solutions through appropriate problem solving techniques;
• Sound commercial acumen accompanied by proven negotiation and inter-relationship skills evidenced by effective dispute resolutions;
• Able to quickly grasp concepts and apply innovative options to the status quo;
• Clear and definitive communication – written and verbal accompanied by competent presentation ability;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others;
• Demonstrated influencing skills;
• Ensuring all relevant regulatory requirements are satisfied;
• Competent in planning and organising work schedules;
• High attention to detail;
• Expert skills in Excel; Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Package;
• Ability to travel to site regularly (up to 50% of time).
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.