ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Civil Rail Track Designer during the bid phase for a project in Toronto, ON.
• The Design and review of designs for track and railway infrastructure in accordance with the quality objectives and regulations, laws and standards.
• Design and design management capabilities within light rail systems is essential, additional experience with metro and / or heavy rail is also desirable.
• Preparing and checking a wide variety of track designs, models and applicable details.
• Manage, verify and control surveys and geographic data for design needs.
• Ensure compliance with laws and regulations in health and safety related to design.
• With regard to the rail and track design package will develop construction plans, undertake constructability reviews, and will ensure conflicts with other design disciplines are resolved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Roadway and rail design knowledge.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in order to meet cost targets, quality targets and deadlines.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with the various parties involved in the process.
• Time management skills and ability to adapt to change.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, attention to detail and decision-making skills.
• Ability to switch between tasks and assignments as required.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
• Must have between five (5) to ten (10) years of professional experience in all aspects of track design, from conceptual to detailed design.
• Experience in civil infrastructure, alignment, grading and drainage design, and construction.
• Experience working for an engineering company or railway within the rail sector is an asset.
• Having experience in the use and application of railway industry standards.
• Good AutoCAD and Micro Station capabilities.
• Working knowledge of Civil 3D software.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.