ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire an Overhead Catenary System (OCS) Engineer - Rail & Transit Systems during the bid phase for a project in Toronto, ON.
• Working with a team in providing the design of AC and DC catenary systems for light rail systems and potential heavy rail and / or commuter.
• Preparation of catenary plans and profile diagrams, catenary support structures, including cantilevers, portals and head spans.
• Understand the integration of other disciplines such as traction power, track, signals and communications.
• Verification of pole and foundation loading calculations, catenary tension calculations, analysis of wire sag and rise conditions.
• Review of related design reports and submissions.
• Undertaking site surveys, and quality assurance inspection.
• Organize and prepare contractor submittals and work closely with field staff on the installation of OCS and traction power systems components and software.
• Develop OCS construction plans for light rail systems including staging, material take-offs, constructability reviews and interfaces / clash reviews with other impacted disciplines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
• Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
• Excellent people and leadership skills.
• Computer literate.
• Working knowledge of rail systems electrification/electrical power distribution.
• Knowledge of safety requirements.
• Familiarity with rail transit or electrical utility industry standards, practices, and regulations.
• Ability to interpret electrical drawings and schematic diagrams.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to produce designs using CAD software (AutoCAD and Micro Station) would be an asset.
• Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; or equivalent experience.
• P.Eng membership would be an asset.
• 5+ years of experience in the design of large transit and railroad projects with proven capability to perform complete catenary designs.
• Experience with relevant code requirements for OCS design.
• Must be proficient in the use of Excel, MSWord.
• Strong interest in rail and transit transportation systems.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.