ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Rail Project Engineer during the bid phase for a project in Toronto, ON.
• Develop the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitor progress to meet schedule and budget requirements.
• Identify and document changes in scope.
• Assist in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain procurement schedule.
• Interface with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process.
• Coordinate the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers.
• Coordinate the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
• Assist the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study.
• Assist in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
• Ensure client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines.
• Expedite the distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
• Prepare technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
• Obtain, analyze, and circulate technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Integrate the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and start-up aspects of a small project.
• May manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual obligations.
• Responsible for the technical aspects of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment.
• Support the identification of resource needs across divisions to complete tasks or projects.
• Supports development and management of scope, schedule and budget for tasks or projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with traditional and alternative project delivery.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
• Knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field).
•10-12 years of related field engineering experience, or a broad general engineering background is required.
• Professional engineering registration would be an asset.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.