ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Rail Structural Engineer during the bid phase for a project in Toronto, ON.
• Work with department senior engineers developing structural designs and calculations, reviewing work prepared by others, developing and reviewing structural design concepts, plans, sections, details and sketches.
• Developing project specifications and monitoring, managing and leading projects.
• Assist with construction phase design services including bidding support, shop drawing review and responding to requests for information.
• Preparing designs, specifications, technical documents, and capital cost estimates.
• Performing field assignments including structural condition inspections for facilities and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to handle multiple, concurrently developing projects with different clients and ability to work other departments and take on increased responsibilities is a must.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills are required.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Bachelors Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
• Masters Degree in Structural Engineering is a plus.
• At least 7 years experience in the design of structural engineering systems for industrial, commercial, and transportation facilities.
• Design experience must include design effort utilizing current IBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI and TMS codes and manuals.
• Must exhibit proficiency using structural design software such as RISA 3D, STAAD.PRO and RAM or similar, with RISA 3D preferred.
• Proficiency using other design software such as RISA SUITE, ENERCALC, TEDS, etc., is a plus.
• Proficiency using Autodesk AUTOCAD and REVIT software.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Excel for design efforts as well as other Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with specification software such as MASTERSPEC and MASTERWORKS is a plus.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.