Exciting opportunities for a mid-level project manager on each of our Kawana and Kingborough water treatment projects.
Individual preference for which project/location taken into account.
Excellent career path and possibility for growth and development.
Project Management Functions
Undertaking core project management functions in order to co-ordinate, control and report on project delivery.
- Leadership of the project team with overall accountability for the project performance and achievement of the project’s objectives.
- Monitor and control the project budget and schedule using of the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Administering the Contract, meeting obligations, correspondence, notices, deliverables, invoicing, variations, and others as required.
- Overall responsibility for the management of project safety, environment and quality.
- Organise regular project meetings to ensure a sound understanding of the project design and construction issues, priorities and schedule requirements.
- Weekly and monthly project reporting, internally and externally, at various levels.
- Liaising with ACCIONA head office to access knowledge, obtain approvals as required and to keep them informed on progress.
Project Delivery:- Ensuring the design considers safety, durability, environmental, contractual and other requirements.
- Coordinating the detailed design and specification process with the procurement, construction and commissioning teams.
- Ensuring that subcontracts and purchase orders follow the correct approval processes.
- Ensuring that construction and commissioning activities are undertaken safely and efficiently.
- Timely delivery of the project outcomes to the client in terms of achieving key milestones, and drawings & documentation deliverables as required by the contract.
Stakeholder Liaison:- Representing the project and Company by attending client meetings, reviews and audits as required.
- Communicating effectively and listening to feedback from the client and other stakeholders to ensure that any actions taken by the project team address matters correctly.
- Ensuring that correspondence is issued correctly and within the required periods and that the correct protocols are followed correctly.
- Meeting all legislative obligations in relation to the project and project works.
Safety & Environment:- Promoting a culture of ‘Zero Harm’ and leading by example. Providing advice and assistance on safety and environmental issues to project personnel.
- Ensuring that the highest safety and environmental standards are maintained at all times by communicating responsibilities to team members and making sure that appropriate systems and controls are implemented.
- Ensuring that everyone is held accountable for how they perform their work and the condition of their workplace.
- Consulting and communicating with all project personnel on safety matters, procedures, instructions, etc.
- Providing competent supervision, safe work procedures and safe plant, equipment and materials for project team members.
Key Result Areas- Delivery of the project within budget and on time.
- Performance of the project team and achievement of the project’s objectives.
- Compliance with the safety and environmental responsibilities outlined in ACCIONA Agua’s Integrated Management System.
Required Competencies/Skills:- 5+ years experience in project management.
- A degree in engineering, science or an equivalent recognised qualification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes and to develop and manage relationships.
- Interest in working with a Company, which leads its field of excellence, with employment opportunities available throughout Australia and internationally.
#You must have working rights in Australia
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.