Working under the guidance of the Project Director and Corporate Legal Director (Acciona Industrial) with the Operation Staff to meet the operational commitments in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures. The Contracts Manager is responsible for managing commercial, contractual and financial aspects of the assigned project ensuring all obligations and objectives are met at a project and company level.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Commercial Manager, ensure tenders, quotations and contracts appropriately evaluate commercial risks, include contract terms and conditions which suitably protect the company’s interests, and are in accordance with the company’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide assistance and guidance to project staff, including project managers, project engineers and contracts administrators on commercial and contract administration matters.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes etc., in conjunction with the Commercial Manager and where applicable, Legal personnel.
- Undertake post-contract completion reviews, analyse results and recommend and/or undertake corrective action as necessary.
- Support the Quality Manager in effective implementation and maintenance of Quality Assurance procedures in the Commercial area.
- Assist in preparing subcontract terms and conditions for operational staff, in accordance with the company’s contractual strategies.
- Ensure activities related to the function comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Review subcontract commercial conditions, and ensure that terms and conditions are in accordance with standard company conditions.
- Attend contract acceptance and contract review meetings as necessary and ensure commercial and contract administration issues comply with contract requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that project documentation and correspondence is in accordance with company requirements and all legal risk areas are identified, reported and mitigated to allow adequate risk management strategies to be effected.
- Liaise with insurance brokers on all relevant insurance matters and insurance administration.
- Ensure compliance with all record keeping requirements.
- Undertake other activities as directed by the Commercial Manager.
Key Result Areas:
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accurate monthly forecasts of revenue and costs each month.
- Reports and other information delivered accurately and on time.
- Cost effectiveness of the project
- Implementation of project management and company procedures
- Quality of reports and project output
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required :
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Contracts Manager role or similar position.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent
- Understanding of construction principals
- Team player that can work across a number of issues simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in the negotiation and management of commercial contracts that achieve service delivery outcomes
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Proven capacity for successful negotiation and influence in a challenging and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, Access, email
Other attributes required :
- Must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in the application of commercial and contract law
- Experience in consultation and stakeholder management
- Must be energetic with a positive can do attitude
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing structure, process, information and/or technology
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.