ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Senior Crossing Systems Engineer during the bid phase of an LRT project in Ontario.
• Lead a group of technical specialists in the design of crossing systems.
• Lead the review of client specifications.
• Lead the generation of technical specifications, review of vendor RFPs, and vendor selection.
• Lead the production of crossing designs including wiring plans, software, and test plans
• Interaction with Design Management and Technical Leads.
• Interaction with Construction Management and Delivery Leads.
• Interaction with O&M/M&R Management and Support Leads.
• Support of construction and installation activities in the field.
• Support for System Assurance/V&V teams in the delivery of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signaling and control systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to read, understand, and modify crossing plans for traditional relay based crossings systems as well as software for microprocessor based crossing systems.
• Knowledge of sub-system level technologies and components of signaling systems, including: track circuits, axle counters, and crossing warning devices.
• Knowledge of AREMA, AAR, APTA, CROR, Transport Canada, and FRA regulations/standards.
• Able to lead, mentor and coach a team of crossing systems designers/engineers.
• Able to lead discussions with the partners, clients, stakeholders and suppliers, and to interact with senior discipline staff as overall delivery lead.
• Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and Word.
• Experience of multi-disciplinary technical environments, people management and financial management.
• Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills.
• Excellent networking and client relationship management skills.
• Excellent people management and interpersonal skills; able to engage staff and address difficult issue effectively and fairly.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Experience across a variety of light rail, metro, commuter, and class 1 railway systems, with specific crossing systems design experience and expertise in this domain.
• Experience in the design of crossings in Canada with working knowledge of microprocessor based crossing control systems.
• Experience in the Testing & Commissioning of crossing systems.
• Degree qualified with a minimum 10 years relevant experience.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.