ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Senior Track System Engineer during the Bid phase of an LRT project in Ontario.
• Prepare LRT and railway alignments & profiles.
• Review design drawings and provide technical comments.
• Prepare track plan-schematics.
• Develop construction and constructability plans for all rail and track project elements.
• Develop functional and combined service cross sections.
• Prepare yard and maintenance facility general layouts, cross sections and details.
• Prepare turnout and special track work layout drawings.
• Prepare track clearance envelopes to determine bodyline displacements, stopping positions and fouling points.
• Prepare detailed and accurate presentation drawings.
• Guide and assist junior staff in the creation of designs and deliverables.
• Development of designs and solutions while maintaining safety and environmental standards.
• Provide technical support and coordination for civil, structural and road work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Able to interpret and apply Track Design standards for Light Rail Transit.
• Able to interpret and apply standards in Alignment and Track work Design.
• Able to interact with team members.
• Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision.
• Able to adopt to changing environment.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• Degree or diploma in Railway Civil Engineering or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in ballasted, direct fixation and embedded track design for light rail applications.
• Experience in heavy haul applications would be an asset.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.