ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Cost Controller for the North Shore Secondary Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
• Create cost and resource loaded schedule:
o Gather data, validate and incorporate it into the project forecast, analyze schedule impacts and recommend corrective actions to be taken to avoid/mitigate cost and schedule overruns.
o Provide records to any change in scope/contract of work to be performed.
o Participate in Cash Flow estimations and other financial projections.
o Prepare, monitor and update forecasts and “End” Forecasts using ACCIONA software.
• Monitor, review and report, the schedule status of the project with regard to compliance to the construction contract specifications and other documents on a regular basis.
o Document construction progress, identify, track and assist in resolution of construction issues/conflicts.
o Look after time cards/reports on a daily/weekly basis re production of subcontractors.
o Provide monthly estimate of work completed as required by Project Controls for billing purposes.
o Report deviations in cost to meet monthly reporting requirements.
o Provide technical information and quantities of work for a particular operation(e.g., placing of concrete or asphalt).
• Coordinate with the Finance/Cost Manager for cost report/control and ensure required information is properly coded and posted for Project Controls for its approval from the Project Manager.
• Demonstrate a proactive, timely and cost effective approach in meeting client and project requirements.
• Work with the rest of the finance department to ensure alignment/balance with financial statements and other financial/schedule reports.
• Other related duties assigned.
• Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable Occupational Health & Safety Acts / Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• In-depth knowledge of major civil projects engineering.
• In-depth knowledge of environmental, safety and quality requirements as they relate to major civil construction.
• Proactive, team working, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, mainly in Excel.
• Proficient in cost, manpower and equipment resource loaded schedule.
• Proficient in gathering, maintaining, reporting and analyzing schedule data.
• Strong time management, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple site priorities.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in field management on complex heavy civil transportation, technical structures, industrial constructions, roadways or other civil works is desired.
• Large projects $500M+ experience is required.
• 3 years of supervisory experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related.
• Expert in PRESTO, Candy CCS, SIPOM or similar software.
• Able to utilize CAD, digital take off programs and a strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
• Experience in working in multi joint venture environment.
• Comfortable working in a disciplined environment.
• Previous P3 project experience required.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.