The purpose of this role is to provide electrical engineering expertise within the Wind Services team - to assist with compliance, technical issues and to improve reliability at Acciona’s operational wind and solar farms. Reporting to the Manager Asset Services, this role is based in Melbourne.
· Provide expert technical advice to resolve technical issues at operational wind and solar farms.
· Provide support and authority on High Voltage activities at operational sites.
· Develop and review maintenance plans and procedures for electrical assets.
· Ensure operational assets are compliant with network operating protocols including compliance obligations with the National Electricity Market (NEM)
· Undertake compliance reporting associated with National Electricity Rules (NER) and the compliance management programs.
· Provide engineering support to all operational assets.
· Review HV procedures, permits and switching programs.
· Liaise with operational sites and CECOER control facility to plan and approve electrical outages.
· Maintain strong relations with colleagues in HQ, Spain.
· Liaise with AE Service Engineering, equipment suppliers and manufacturers to resolve electrical engineering issues.
· Undertake electrical engineering reviews of retro fits and upgrades at operational sites.
· Participate in workshops and consultations associated with the NEM, in particular changes, which impact operational assets.
· Develop and review operational procedures to maintain a high standard in line with the asset management objectives.
· Assist in the overall management of documents within the Operations section of the SharePoint site in accordance the business structure.
· Support Asset Services in the development, implementation and review of the asset management plan.
· Assist in the completion of all internal and external reporting obligations.
· Bachelor degree in engineering or electrical trade equivalent (electrical experience essential).
· Must have 2-3+ years’ experience in an electrical engineering role ideally in power generation.
· Experience in electrical testing of power systems e.g. transformers, generators, cables.
· Must be experienced in analysing and interpreting data.
· Must be able to travel for training and meetings to various locations (including international).
· Strong written and oral communication skills coupled with attention to detail.
· Experience working with wind energy and solar systems.
· Experience with operating power generation plants in the NEM.
· Experience working with High Voltage permit system.
· Experience with Maximo or a similar CMMS system.
Experience with SCADA and communications systems.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.