This role is responsible for leading civil design and overseeing construction activities of wind & solar farm Balance of Plant infrastructure. Reporting to the Senior Manager Project Delivery, this role is based in Melbourne. Responsibilities include:-
· Determine the feasibility, design options, construction methodology, risks and costs associated with the civil engineering of wind & solar farm infrastructure.
· Design of wind & solar farm infrastructure including turbine foundations, erection hardstands, internal roads and support structures
· Design of substation benches and equipment foundations.
· Lead and interpret geotechnical investigation activities
Delivery and Construction
· Develop and maintain civil engineering designs and specifications for projects, including review of design inputs from external contractors.
· Develop tender specifications and assist with the negotiation of procurement agreements for civil infrastructure works.
· Act as civil engineering lead and develop preliminary designs for wind & solar farm civil infrastructure.
· Lead detailed design of civil works using internal resource and/or external consultants.
· Monitor quality of all Wind Turbine Generator foundations, internal roads, hardstands and cable trenches ensuring documentation requirements are current.
· Provide technical advice on civil engineering failures, incidents, upgrades or modifications to operational infrastructure.
· Provide professional Civil Engineering advice regarding in-house developments, bids and delivery of third party Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects and operational assets.
· Assist in the development of tender documents for submission of external bids and other contracting opportunities.
· Maintain strong working relationships with head-office, internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in this position you will have the following professional profile:-
· Degree in Civil Engineering.
· Significant experience (8+ years) in a technical role including experience in the design and implementation of wind farms and solar farms.
· Experience producing engineering specifications and drawings.
· Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary design and construction management team.
· Strong technical report writing skills.
· Well-developed interpersonal skills, with high level communication skills.
· Able to travel for work to regional locations as required.
· Current Australian driver’s license.
· Chartered Status, National Engineering Register approved or eligible to apply.
· Project management skills, qualifications or experience.
· Experience with the physical design of civil works for renewable energy projects, including scheduling.
· Experience in civil engineering assessment for compliance with Australian Standards.
· Experience in the use of industry standard software AutoCAD 3D and other calculation software packages.
· Experience working across cultures and languages.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.