The Quality Lead - Mechanical is responsible for ensuring the project’s quality requirements are met to achieve regulatory compliance, project technical requirements and proponent specifications as documented in the project contract. The Quality Lead - Mechanical oversees the implementation of the quality system under the guidance of the QHSE Manager and Civil Quality Manager.
• Sets quality compliance objectives and standards of service, and ensures targets are achieved for mechanical works.
• Aligns construction work pack quality completion to the commissioning system handover requirements.
• Reviews Subcontractor and Supplier weld procedures for compliance with Project Specifications.
• Reviews material datasheet, supplier installation methodologies for compliance with Project Specifications.
• Promotes quality achievement and performance throughout the project
• Establishes and maintains quality documentation requirements for all mechanical activities.
• Coordinates activities required to meet quality standards: develop technical procedures, work instructions, inspection points programs, technical specification for procuring, material reception programs, etc.
• Works with commercial and project staff to establish quality requirements for mechanical packages.
• Works with Project Team, Client, Regulatory Agencies, Consultants / Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure the quality management system is functioning properly, advises on changes and their implementation strategies
• Provides training, tools, techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards in mechanical discipline.
• Ensures tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out, evaluated, and that product / service modifications are investigated when required
• Ensures adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance / non-conformance and checks for their effectiveness, monitoring and closure
• Produces reports on quality performance measured against indicators
• Supports and conducts quality management systems audits as required at the project
• Supports the organization with technical audits at the project site
• Develops Quality Management Plans, ITPs, and other related Quality documents as required for the project
• Supports and works with the IMS team on building, developing and implementing processes, controls and documents to improve the IMS and Quality management system
• Supports the corporate AIC ISO 9001 certification
• Supports the development and implementation of the Worksite Management Plan
• Follows up on the claim solving process
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Specific knowledge and application of Total Quality Management, Methodologies and ISO 9000 and 9001 systems
• Demonstrated ability to work within and manage QHSE and Non Conformance reporting management software
• Demonstrated ability to write and produce Quality Management and other related plans, procedures, ITP’s, manuals, sops as required
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within a team environment
• Demonstrated understanding of local and international Quality systems, standards, documentation, codes of practice and regulatory requirements, particularly related to welding, non-destructive testing and non-metallic pipe installations.
• Demonstrated report / technical content writing skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in in document control, records and reporting systems
• Demonstrated proficiency in the application of Quality Assurance and Quality Control management systems
• Demonstrated proficiency at solving complex engineering quality calculations
• Ability to read and interpret complex engineering specifications
• Exceptional communication, listening and problem solving skills
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Associated Welding Inspection or NDT Inspection qualifications.
• 5+ years in a Quality/managerial/supervisory role in major facility construction projects
• 10+ years relevant Mechanical construction experience in major facility construction projects
• 10+ years practical Quality Systems experience
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.