ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Procurement Associate for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Project.
• Coordinate with Commercial team and Scheduler to forecast and develop a procurement schedule for the project.
• Utilize appropriate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software for procurement planning & control.
• Maintain procurement files.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with client, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
• Help to lower the cost and secure agreements.
• Ensure that health, safety and environment procedures are followed and are compliant.
• Ensure security of equipment and materials during the procurement cycle.
• Submit equipment data sheets, drawings and specifications for client approval as required.
• Prepare purchase requisitions, obtain and review quotes, obtain required approvals and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
• Review quotations & Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved.. Follow-up with suppliers and subcontractors for delivery.
• Track Purchasing activity and measurements against project schedule.
• Ensure LEED compliance for buildings, and civil works sustainable compliance.
• Ensure all equipment and materials compile with CSA and all associated standards.
• Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for Quality, Health, Safety & Environment.
• Liaise with Commercial Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
• Accept deliveries and verify quantity, quality and product.
• Track inventory.
• Provide equipment and material release information to site and scheduler.
• Provide data sheets, drawings and specification to site and subcontractors in a timely manner to ensure correct support and services are available to installation.
• Issue equipment to installers complete with installation data sheets, drawings and specification.
• Ensure installers receipt of equipment and material and that it is recorded and signed by supplier.
• Review and verify installation of equipment and material.
• Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and subcontractors
• Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
• Ensure the procurement of materials in order to meet Project schedule.
• Approval of Equipment and Materials.
• Management of inventory and recorded release of inventory.
• Coordinate supply chain between purchasing and installation.
• Follow the project internal procedures, and ensure the health and safety compliance.
• Responsible for equipment and material security.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• In depth knowledge of construction purchasing requirements.
• Ability and experience to utilize procurement modules in ERP software.
• Knowledge of purchasing standards and policies procedures as it relates to construction industry and general purchasing.
• Supply Chain management skills.
• Highly developed organizational skills are essential.
• Ability to work both independently and in a multi-task team environment
• Strong computer skills and a thorough knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word at an intermediate level, are required.
• Excellent communicating skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA's resource requirements.
• A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a Purchasing capacity within the Construction Industry (highways/roads preferred), distribution or manufacturing environment.
• Minimum community college diploma, preferably in business administration.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.