ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Process-Mechanical Design Coordinator for the waste water treatment plant in North Vancouver, BC.
The Process-Mechanical Design Coordinator will assist the Process-Mechanical lead taking charge of specific project engineering
duties which generally fall within the areas of piping and electro-mechanical equipment. End result to deliver a
successful project on time, on budget, within company requirements and client obligations for safety, health, environmental and quality.
- Coordinate and compile tender package drawings and specifications.
- In charge of the vendor selection for the piping and the electro-mechanical equipment.
- Review drawings and specifications for contract compliance.
- Review Trade shop drawings for engineering and compliance of design intent.
- Provide Quality assurance review of Consultants mechanical Design drawings and specifications.
- Monthly on site review of installations, provide detailed written reports as scheduled.
- Attend design meeting weekly, coordinate design program with team programmer.
- Risk identification and direct cost management from the design phase until the final design submissions.
- Prepare project budget and contract variation.
- Perform design changes arising from Client’s design scope variation.
- Confirm the development of all project deliverables according to program of works to meet critical project milestones
- Provide support to project design related staff and direct subcontract partners.
- Support in maintaining cordial relations and communications with the Client.
- Working within the assigned levels of authority, work within the project budget, schedule quality, safety and environmental requirements.
- Support in establishing and implementing design, risk and cost controls on Projects.
- Managing the design as a contractor, not as a designer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent technical, communication, organizational, coordination and planning skills.
- Basic working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide solutions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous project experience in water treatment projects or industrial projects in charge of piping and electromechanical equipments. With experience with procurement packages and best cost design options.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Mechanical engineering preferred.
- Ability to understand and work with engineering and technical drawings as well as Project Schedules.
- 5+ years experience in similar role.
- Construction site experience is a plus.
- Knowledge about the BC piping and subcontractors is a plus.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.