ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Claims Manager/Senior Commercial Manager for our office in Vancouver, BC.
A Claims Manager / Senior Commercial Manager is sought to be responsible for the commercial / claims management of a variety of projects during the project execution phase. Projects are typically in excess of $200M, and cover both the building and Civil Engineering sectors. The individual must have the ability to operate and manage at the executive level of the Project structure typically in a Joint Venture environment.
• Commercial management and overview for a number of major projects (typically with contract values in excess of $200M) in Canada.
• Liaison with finance and legal departments in Canada and Madrid.
• Responsibility for commercial and claim reporting and claim preparation.
• Commercial, contractual and claims advice to Operations Directors, Project Directors and project teams.
• Leadership, management and mentoring/training of commercial team members.
• Ensure compliance with the current health and safety regulations.
• Claim preparation, defense and strategy.
• Implementation and managing of commercial policies and procedures across projects.
• Identification and management of commercial risk.
• Overseeing, managing, directing and supporting the project commercial teams to ensure optimization of project returns.
• Command the respect of the Bid teams, Joint Venture partners and Executive team on commercial matters.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of contract language, claim process and legal requirements of construction contracts across a variety of contract types.
• Ability to review major complex bespoke contracts in the building and civil engineering
sectors to identify and communicate risks and mitigation strategies to the bid teams.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to successfully operate in multiple environments at the same time.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Minimum 15 years of relevant experience with major contractors in roles dealing with management of project change procedures, cost management, claims and variations, negotiation and settlement of disputes with owners and subcontractors.
• International major contractors experience in joint venture environments preferred.
• Experience operating at a senior level on a major project or in a Senior Commercial / Claims Manager role in a large construction company.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent work experience.
• MRICS/ MCIOB/ MCIArb professional qualifications are desirable.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.