ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Procurement Manager - Bid phase for a bid project in Toronto, ON.
The Procurement Manager manages the purchase of general and specialized equipment, materials, or subcontractors services for use or for further processing. Reporting to the Procurement Manager Corporate and the Bid Director, the Procurement Manager is responsible for maintaining established procedures and methods to provide delivery and procurement of goods and services, manages subcontractors and while maintaining compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
• Tender for general and specialized equipment, materials, or business service for use or for further processing by the business
• Assess requirements of the business and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be tendered.
• Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, supplier contracts or recommend tenders for use by the business.
• Review logistics of delivery schedules.
• May perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of appropriate suppliers and subcontractor services.
• Negotiating with current and potential suppliers in an effort to obtain reduced price and favourable terms.
• Ensuring compliance with Supply Chain vendor accreditation process.
• Advising project team of critical information, such as specification changes, delivery status, future price changes, etc.
• Oriented towards the internal/external customer.
• Strong communication skills, dealing tactfully with employees, visitors and customers.
• Knowledgeable on office methods and procedures, equipment and filing systems.
• Communicates with supervisor and co-workers daily to resolve issues/problems as they arise.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an international Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada.
• A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Business Administration, Commerce or Economics.
• A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is an asset.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience.
• Experience with customer service principles and practices.
• Experience working in Toronto area and knowledge of the construction market would be a benefit.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.