As a Project Developer at ACCIONA Energy, you’ll be responsible for the project management of our renewable energy development projects, driving progress through to commercial pre-construction phase while recognising schedule, cost and quality expectations. This role additionally provides strategic development input including commercial and planning advice to guide the logical and strategic passage of ACCIONA Energy wind and solar projects from feasibility through to the construction and operational phases.
The role is diverse in its responsibilities, spanning project management, strategy and assessment, landowner liaison and negotiations and commercial development, whilst keeping abreast of relevant policy and legislation. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Development, this role is based in Melbourne with regular travel.
To succeed, you will likely have this type of background…
· Tertiary qualifications in town and regional planning, environmental planning, commerce, business management, science or engineering preferred;
· Previous experience in the Australian wind and solar industry and project development is essential, with demonstrated experience in planning and development application processes;
· Experience in a project management position with proven track record of building, leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team, preferably in the renewable energy or power generation industry;
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate successful project development outcomes with key government and non-government stakeholders;
· Excellent written and oral communications skills; the ability to develop clear and concise development plans and presentations covering project status, timeline, risk assessment, and budget needs and performance.
· Ability to operate at a detailed level, to organize and multi-task, with a dedication to seeing projects through to completion.
· Understanding of local community dynamics, with the ability to negotiate effectively with landowners, regulators, utilities, and other stakeholders.
· Demonstrated commercial acumen and strategic thinking.
· Available to travel regularly to regional and interstate locations as required.
· Current Victorian or equivalent Australian State driver’s license.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.