ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Health and Safety Advisor/L-2 First Aid Attendant for a project in North Vancouver, BC.
The Health and Safety Advisor/First Aid Attendant will work closely with the project and subcontract employees to ensure compliance with regulations, safe work practices, and procedures.
• Support all management in implementing, monitoring and improving ACCIONA’s Safety Program.
• Support project management in guiding, supporting, overseeing and directing contractors, visitors, and employees on the project and regulatory safety standards.
• Provide site First Aid services. Monitor and maintain the site First Aid supplies, equipment, and related documentation as per WorkSafeBC directives.
• Provide site orientations and other related training requirements for the site.
• Develop new and revised safe work practices and procedures as required.
• Assist in the identification of project related safety equipment and supplies needed for Safety Department.
• Based on team input, identify safety improvements and propose methods for resolving or improving worker safety.
• Be onsite daily, participating and conducting safety meetings, reviewing safety initiatives with field employees and conducting audit and safety reviews;
• Conduct, participate in and provide direction to others conducting incident investigations.
• Review site incident investigations, including identifying and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
• General health and safety administration duties.
• Conduct daily toolbox talks and weekly safety meetings.
• Attend Tailboard meetings, HSE training and orientations;
• Guide Health and Safety Committees on safety-related matters.
• Work with client representatives, OH&S/ WCB, and Claims Management to resolve identified issues and opportunities.
• Support the Return to Work program and processes.
• Work with colleagues and our contractors to complete Project Safety Plans, Hazard Assessments and Risk Registries for Critical Tasks.
• Conduct project level inspections and audits as required by Safety Program.
• Provide diligent report related to the work shift in order to guarantee continuity and consistency of the work on the next work shift.
• Work efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Monitors, coordinates, and implements occupational safety and health programs.
• Provide First Aid services, maintain and oversee the first aid room’s supplies and documentation.
• Ensures project employee compliance with all provincial standards and related compliance activities
• Identifies and manages risk and works with subcontractors to implement control standards.
• Verify, monitor, and often teach associated training requirements.
• Advises project safety committees and acts as a resource.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent knowledge of OH&S/WCB Codes, Acts & Regulations, industry best practices that apply across Canada.
• Experience working in the construction industry and experience with multiple contractors
• Working knowledge of heavy equipment and construction terms.
• Working knowledge of tower and ground cranes and hoisting operations.
• Shows conformity and cohesion with the set objective.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
• Strong mentoring skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities.
• Demonstrated leadership, foresight, and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to multitask and set priorities.
• Identifies possible disagreements or points of conflict that may endanger the closing of operation and works to resolve them.
• Shares the necessary information to perform tasks.
• Cooperates with the rest of the team in order to achieve common objectives.
• Strong computer literacy, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Position is for night shift.
• Position requires walking on construction building site, uneven ground, climbing stairs and ladders, exposure to various climactic conditions.
• Position requires the use of Fall Protection and Confined Space Entry. Training will be provided for both.
• 5 years practical health and safety experience.
• Valid driver’s license
• 4 years construction industry experience in a supervisory position.
• NCSO or CSO membership or higher, course equivalent or related training is mandatory.
• Current WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Level II or III.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.