To be based in Sydney or Brisbane, this position will have overall responsibility for methodology of tunnelling in major project tenders and through to delivery.
Key Responsibilities - Develop and lead tunnelling methodologies in tenders and then into delivery
- Develop the Tunnel Team’s plans and budgets to deliver the Project KRA’s & KPI’s
- Provide optimised project resources for Tunnel team
- Develop all Tunnel Team’s planning & decision making within a ‘best for project’ framework based around the Project framework
- Optimise resources within Tunnel Team by performing against plans ensuring timely action to adjust for variance and contingencies
- Ensure all TBM related works are performed in a safe manner, in respect of both the workplace and the public and according to the Safety management Plan and the specific Method Statements.
- Maintain an accountable & united culture through the use of leadership tools
- Implement the effective application of HR systems for direct reports
- Utilise effective communication systems to keep direct reports informed and up to date
- Lead and cultivate a behavioural based safety culture
- Ensure the site team are directed in a manner that delivers a high level of safety, health, environmental and quality standards;
- Review of designs and assessment of constructability; lead the “Work Package” processes, completion in time and due certification
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines in accordance with the overall Project Planning
- Review and assessment of logistical and supply chain factors;
- Develop and maintain a Construction Management Plan for the specific areas, ensure cost-effective construction systems and processes;
- Establishing and implementation systems to review and manage subcontractors’ plans and schedules in full accordance with the overall Project Planning
- Setting up and managing document and cost control systems, and preparing progress reports and projected costs to complete;
- Identifying contract variations, negotiating variations and additional work within overall scope, and participating in negotiations in respect of scope changes;
- Ensure compliance with ACCIONA Health & Safety policy;
- Leadership and performance management of a large team of direct and indirect reports;
- Actively seek opportunities for self-development and building own capability
- Encourage & support direct reports to seek & present opportunities for innovation
- Retention of high calibre people to project completion
- Workforce planning e.g.: effective demobilisation and succession planning
- Ensure the effective management of the Project through timely, strategic solutions where appropriate within the appointed authority limits
- Prepare and deliver required reporting and presentations
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Mining or a related discipline.
- Specialised knowledge and training in Tunnel construction
- Substantial professional experience in Tunnel Construction.
- Experience of similar construction types/methodology ideally with exposure to ACCIONA’s specialised equipment and Tunnel Boring Machines.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.