Support the construction and tendering team through the development, monitoring and control of accurate scheduling/programming for projects, such as Toowoomba Second Range Crossing Project and Woolgoolga to Ballina Tender. High mobility required to attend tenders in Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia.
- Develop and monitor construction planning processes to assist in the achievement of the construction program;
- Detailed knowledge of surface works construction methodology to enable development and understanding of surface works constructions program;
- Understanding the global project program and interaction with global technical works programs, recognising and maintaining awareness of the global critical path;
- Monitor construction activities to enable monthly progress reporting;
- Understanding key resources and their allocation;
- Identify risks and opportunities to the program;
- Manage program to maintain an accurate project cash flow;
- Adherence to and use of JV planning systems and control;
- Optimise project resources (plant, labour, material, subcontractors) across sites;
Monitor performance against plans ensuring timely action to adjust for variance and contingencies;
- Utilise the Procurement Team to maximise cost effectiveness across the project;
- Always ensure work is within budget and gain relevant approval;
- Compliance with Environment and Quality management systems, processes and legislative requirements;
- Contribute continuous improvement to technology, systems and processes;
- Consider “best for project” framework and the Construction Critical Path when planning and decision-making:
- Assist the Planning team to achieve the project’s safety goals;
Ensure JV values and behaviours are adhered to;
- Maintain relationships with JV project subcontractors, suppliers, community and stakeholders to optimise performance across the project;
- Regular liaison with colleagues in Spain.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- At least 5 years relevant experience in large-scale infrastructure construction, predominantly road, tunnels and bridges;
- Competency as a Project Planner on Civil Engineering projects;
- Understanding of programming software, Asta Powerpoint, MS Project or Primavera P6 or equivalent;
- Proven on-the-job experience, and ready to get adapted to use ACCIONA’s project management systems and processes, and exposure to ACCIONA’s specialist technologies relating to road construction;
- Exposure to working with a global organisation and on joint-venture structures projects.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.