This role is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Engineering & Construction team including all inputs relating to ACCIONA Energy projects in Australia, during development, construction and operations phases. Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is based in Melbourne.
• Responsible for achieving team targets and for implementing team work plans, technical and quality standards.
• Responsible for safety, environment and quality outcomes on all AEO construction projects and E&C team activities.
• As part of the Senior Management team, participate actively in the development and delivery of the Company’s budgets and business plan.
• Lead and develop a team working across the areas of interconnection, wind and solar energy resources, GIS, construction and procurement.
• Align internal and external resources to deliver on allocated targets and objectives.
• Maintain adherence by direct reports and personally to all AEO operational policies and procedures.
• Ensure projects under construction are completed Safely, within Schedule and Budget.
• Lead all high-level interactions and problem solving with regulatory/government authorities and clients during construction.
• Provide guidance, direction, advice to the team (and direct inputs as required) regarding the construction of renewable energy projects.
• Lead (when required) the resolution of site industrial relations disputes, negotiations with relevant unions and bargaining activities.
• Lead EPC sub-contract tender and contract negotiations.
• Develop, implement & continue to promote Project Management systems and tools to improve the standard of project management within the team and the organization generally.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures within ACCIONA the global construction group.
• Maintain strong reporting lines to the global construction team.
• In collaboration with ACCONA’s global engineering team ensure that a strong link is maintained and that ACCIONA systems and methodologies are followed.
• In collaboration with AEO and AE procurement and engineering team members and whilst following the global procurement processes, oversee the review of tenders for all main supply contracts and support the selection of successful tenderers.
• In collaboration with AEO and AE procurement team members, oversee (and/or lead) technical, commercial and contractual discussions regarding agreements for project related supply and services.
• Minimum 10 to 15 years of construction experience, ideally in the energy sector.
• Significant demonstrated experience in managing and motivating teams of engineers and construction personnel.
• Demonstrated experience in preparing, negotiating and managing third party contracts for the supply of plant, equipment and services in construction projects.
• Demonstrated experience in high level interactions and problem solving with commercial partners, clients and suppliers, regulatory authorities and government agencies.
• Previous experience working across different cultures and maintaining key relationships
• Available to travel regularly to interstate locations and internationally as required.
• Undergraduate and/or Masters Qualification in engineering and management.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.